David Jones is the founder of DMA Design
and Real Time Worlds
He was responsible for many of the company's early hits, such as Lemmings
. DMA initially had all of its games published by Psygnosis
until that company was acquired by Sony
(Psygnosis is now known as Sony Studio Liverpool).
DMA was acquired by Gremlin Interactive
, and Dave ended up becoming the Creative Director for both of these companies. When Gremlin got bought out by Infogrames
, there was tension between Infogrames and DMA design due to contracts and trademarks of the Grand Theft Auto
series being owned by BMG Interactive
. Infogrames sold the DMA Design portion of Gremlin to BMG interactive (who then changed their name to Rockstar Games
). David Jones resigned during the middle of this.
In February 2000 David joined Rage Software
to set up two new studios in Scotland, one of which was located in Dundee. Since the Rage Dundee studio closed in 2002, David formed the company RealTime Worlds
that same year, where he continues to work as the Creative Director and CEO of the company.
Also Known As
- APB Reloaded (2011), GamersFirst
- APB: All Points Bulletin (2010), Realtime Worlds Ltd.
- Crackdown (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Mobile Forces (2002), Rage Games Ltd.
- Grand Theft Auto 2 (1999), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Tanktics (1999), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Wild Metal Country (1999), Infogrames Studios Ltd.
- Body Harvest (1998), Gremlin Interactive Ltd.
- Final Fantasy VII (1998), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Grand Theft Auto (1997), ASC Games
- Shipwreckers! (1997), Psygnosis Limited
- The Lemmings Chronicles (1994), Psygnosis Limited
- Hired Guns (1993), Psygnosis Limited
- Holiday Lemmings (1993),
- Lemmings 2: The Tribes (1993), Psygnosis Limited
- Shadow of the Beast (1992), Psygnosis Limited, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
- Leander (1991), Psygnosis Limited
- Lemmings (1991), Psygnosis Limited
- Oh No! More Lemmings (1991), Psygnosis Limited
- Eco Phantoms (1990), European Electronic Zoo Ltd.
- Blood Money (1989), Psygnosis Limited
- Menace (1988), Psygnosis Limited