Also Known As
- Dan Malone
|Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (1990)||(Additional Design)|
|Rad Warrior (1986)||(Plot )|
|Rad Warrior (1986)||(Plot)|
|Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Directo... (2009)||(2D Art)|
|Brain Voyage (2008)||(Art)|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)||(Art)|
|Z and Z Expansion Kit (1998)||(Additional Artwork)|
|The Chaos Engine 2 (1996)||(Graphics)|
|Z (1996)||(Additional Artwork)|
|Soldiers of Fortune (1993)||(Graphic Design)|
|Cadaver (1990)||(Architectual and Creature Graphics)|
|Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (1990)||(Graphic Design)|
|Rad Warrior (1986)||(Graphics)|
|Magic Pockets (1991)||(Manual Artwork)|
|Death Sword (1987)||(Special Thanks to)|
|Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (1990)||(Original Version)|
Dan Malone left Ipswich College in 1984. Initially he wanted to draw comic strips, but there was nothing doing. Malone continued working on role playing games such as Dungeons&Dragons and FIST whilst also pursuing a career in comics.
With a portfolio of drawings to show around he applied to an advert for Palace Software in 1985, which simply said '2000 AD style artist wanted - no previous experience with computers needed.
His first title was Cauldron for the Amstrad, Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum, and then Sacred Armour of Antiriad which he also produced a 16 page comic for.
Since then he has developed games (concept, visualization and in-game graphics) on all the premier platforms of the times - ranging from simple mobile content to full blown console games - clients include Commodore, Atari, SEGA, Nokia, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, amongst others.
He is currently designing a prototype game to be developed on the PSP as a Concept Artist at Infinite Lives Ltd.
- 1985: Cauldron/Cauldron II - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - produced intro-screens, some sprite animation and background tiles.
- 1986: Sacred Armour of Antiriad - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - concept, design and all graphics. Also produced 16-page comic to accompany the game.
- 1987-1988: Superthief - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - concept, design and all graphics. Developed and produced teaser ad comic campaign - game unreleased.
- 1988-1989: Astounding Astral Adventures - Palace Software - Commodore Amiga 1200 - advanced and embellished existing backgrounds, produced intro and game management screens, character design and multiple sprite animation.
- 1989-1990: Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga & Amiga1200, Atari ST - co-design and all graphics
- 1990-1991: Cadaver/Cadaver: The Payoff - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga, Atari ST - produced all background tile sets, worked on sprites and animation
- 1991-1992: The Chaos Engine - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga & Amiga1200, Atari ST, PC, Sega MegaDrive, Nintendo SuperFamicon - co-design and all graphics
- 1993: Z - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga 1200, PC - character design and produced in-game animated sequences
- 1994-1995: The Chaos Engine 2 - The Bitmap Brothers - Sega MegaDrive - co-design and all graphics
- 1995-1996: Porsche Challenge: Sony Internal Development - PlayStation - design and storyboard, character design and 3D models, art direction.
- 1996-1998: Hoardes - System 3 - PC - design and storyboard, character design and lead game & art direction.
- 1999: The Storyteller - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
- 1999: Atari Funhouse - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
- 1999-2000: Stolen - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
- 1999-2000: Rebound - Ideaworks - Orange SPV - concept, design and all graphics
- 2000: Speedball 2100 - The Bitmap Brothers - PlayStation 2 - character and location designs
- 2000-2001: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Eurocom/Electronic Arts - Game Boy Advance - in-game graphics and animation
- 2002-2003: Burnt Out Cop - Infinite Lives - PlayStation 2, Xbox - conceptual visuals and story design
- 2003-2005: System Rush - Ideaworks3D - N-gage - co-concept, design and graphics
- 2005-...: Hong Kong Battle - SuperModified - Art installation - design and graphics
Last updated: Jul 11, 2006
(l/r) Eric Matthews, Mike Montgomery, Tom Watson, Sean Griffiths, Robert Trevellyan, Dan Malone (sitting), Richard Joseph, and Steve Kelly (Bitmap Brothers, circa 1990)
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.