Also Known As
- Dan Malone
|Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (1990)||(Additional Design)|
|Rad Warrior (1986)||(Plot )|
|Rad Warrior (1986)||(Plot)|
|Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Directo... (2009)||(2D Art)|
|Brain Voyage (2008)||(Art)|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)||(Art)|
|Z and Z Expansion Kit (1998)||(Additional Artwork)|
|The Chaos Engine 2 (1996)||(Graphics)|
|Z (1996)||(Additional Artwork)|
|Soldiers of Fortune (1993)||(Graphic Design)|
|Cadaver (1990)||(Architectual and Creature Graphics)|
|Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (1990)||(Graphic Design)|
|Rad Warrior (1986)||(Graphics)|
|Magic Pockets (1991)||(Manual Artwork by)|
|Death Sword (1987)||(Special Thanks to)|
|Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (1990)||(Original Version)|
Dan Malone left Ipswich College in 1984. Initially he wanted to draw comic strips, but there was nothing doing. Malone continued working on role playing games such as Dungeons&Dragons and FIST whilst also pursuing a career in comics.
With a portfolio of drawings to show around he applied to an advert for Palace Software in 1985, which simply said '2000 AD style artist wanted - no previous experience with computers needed.
His first title was Cauldron for the Amstrad, Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum, and then Sacred Armour of Antiriad which he also produced a 16 page comic for.
Since then he has developed games (concept, visualization and in-game graphics) on all the premier platforms of the times - ranging from simple mobile content to full blown console games - clients include Commodore, Atari, SEGA, Nokia, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, amongst others.
He is currently designing a prototype game to be developed on the PSP as a Concept Artist at Infinite Lives Ltd.
- 1985: Cauldron/Cauldron II - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - produced intro-screens, some sprite animation and background tiles.
- 1986: Sacred Armour of Antiriad - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - concept, design and all graphics. Also produced 16-page comic to accompany the game.
- 1987-1988: Superthief - Palace Software - Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad - concept, design and all graphics. Developed and produced teaser ad comic campaign - game unreleased.
- 1988-1989: Astounding Astral Adventures - Palace Software - Commodore Amiga 1200 - advanced and embellished existing backgrounds, produced intro and game management screens, character design and multiple sprite animation.
- 1989-1990: Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga & Amiga1200, Atari ST - co-design and all graphics
- 1990-1991: Cadaver/Cadaver: The Payoff - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga, Atari ST - produced all background tile sets, worked on sprites and animation
- 1991-1992: The Chaos Engine - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga & Amiga1200, Atari ST, PC, Sega MegaDrive, Nintendo SuperFamicon - co-design and all graphics
- 1993: Z - The Bitmap Brothers - Commodore Amiga 1200, PC - character design and produced in-game animated sequences
- 1994-1995: The Chaos Engine 2 - The Bitmap Brothers - Sega MegaDrive - co-design and all graphics
- 1995-1996: Porsche Challenge: Sony Internal Development - PlayStation - design and storyboard, character design and 3D models, art direction.
- 1996-1998: Hoardes - System 3 - PC - design and storyboard, character design and lead game & art direction.
- 1999: The Storyteller - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
- 1999: Atari Funhouse - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
- 1999-2000: Stolen - Blue52 - PlayStation - character and location designs
- 1999-2000: Rebound - Ideaworks - Orange SPV - concept, design and all graphics
- 2000: Speedball 2100 - The Bitmap Brothers - PlayStation 2 - character and location designs
- 2000-2001: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Eurocom/Electronic Arts - Game Boy Advance - in-game graphics and animation
- 2002-2003: Burnt Out Cop - Infinite Lives - PlayStation 2, Xbox - conceptual visuals and story design
- 2003-2005: System Rush - Ideaworks3D - N-gage - co-concept, design and graphics
- 2005-...: Hong Kong Battle - SuperModified - Art installation - design and graphics
Last updated: Jul 11, 2006
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.