Toby Jones is a multimedia and systems programmer and game designer. He started his professional career at Sonic Foundary writing the first version of Vegas Video and Video Capture software (later purchased by Sony
). In 2001, he joined Human Head Studios, Inc.
as they were finishing Rune: Viking Warlord for PS2. He worked on a variety of tools and designed the build systems used internally. He also wrote the Xbox and Xbox Live code for Dead Man's Hand (2004)
and did graphics and gameplay coding for the highly acclaimed Prey (2006)
In the mid-2000's, Toby joined Microsoft
where he worked on a variety of projects for Windows. He ported multimedia technologies to x64, and wrote extensive multimedia code for Media Player and Internet Explorer. He was the lead developer for the Media Player plug-in for Firefox, and was the lead developer for the Media Player playback and video rendering engine in Windows 7.
In 2010, Toby left Microsoft to independently explore the intersection of social media, mobile, and game development.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Prey (2006), 2K Games, Inc.
- Reservoir Dogs (2006), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Neopets: The Darkest Faerie (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Bad Boys: Miami Takedown (2004), Empire Interactive Europe Ltd.
- Dead Man's Hand (2004), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- Disney's Lilo & Stitch: Trouble in Paradise (2002), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Fighting Legends Online (2001), Maximum Charisma Studios
- Fuzion Frenzy (2001), Microsoft Corporation