If you have a portrait of this person, you can upload it to the MobyGames database.
Developer BIOJohn Keating graduated from Trinity University in San Antonio Texas with a degree in Computer Science. While in school, he began development on a first-person, interactive simulation for Macintosh called "Android Boot Camp" and later sold the publishing rights to XOR Inc.
John did programming on several CD-ROM titles for Warner New Media in Burbank, CA. These included "Desert Storm", and "7 Days in August". He then began work at Activision and was involved in the "Return to Zork" project before starting on what would become Activision's best selling PC title, "MechWarrior 2". In addition to being the voice of the Trainer in Mech 2, John designed the combat logic (AI) for the game as well as for the "GhostBear Legacy" and "MechWarrior 2:Mercenaries" follow ups. His AI code was later used in "Heavy Gear".
In 1999, John went to work for Gigawatt Studios in Hollywood and developed the AI for "Pinky & the Brain". He was later hired in 2001 by Seven Studios in Los Angeles as the Technical Director for the console project Defender. Also at Seven, he project managed the downloadable PC title Charlie's Angels: Angel X, and was the technical lead for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. More Bios |
Edit Bio | View History
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Six Flags Fun Park (2008), Brash Entertainment, LLC.
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007), 2K Games, Inc.
- The Sopranos: Road to Respect (2006), THQ Inc.
- Empires: Dawn of the Modern World (2003), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- 2002 FIFA World Cup (2002), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Defender (2002), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Sci-Fi Pinball (1999), Fox Interactive, Inc.
- Heavy Gear (1997), Activision, Inc.
- MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (1996), Activision, Inc.
- MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat (1995), Activision, Inc.
- MechWarrior 2: Expansion Pack - Ghost Bear's Legacy (1995), Activision, Inc.