Developer BIOStarr Long has been in the business of making PC games for over ten years. Alongside Richard Garriott, he was the original Project Director for the commercially successful Ultima Online, as well as the inspiration for the game’s "Lord Blackthorn". To date Ultima Online has earned over 70 million dollars in net revenue making it the most successful Ultima title ever and one of the top 10 revenue earners of all time for Electronic Arts. Most recently Starr was the producer for Ultima Online 2, in which role he managed the art, design, and programming staff. During this time he was able to leverage the powerful intellectual property of Ultima Online 2 to forge creative partnerships with the likes of Spawn creator Todd McFarlane and 3D card manufacturer NVidia.
Starr’s success is defined by his first hand experiences in the trenches of game development. Starr worked his way up through the ranks of Origin Systems, Inc. starting as a temp employee in Quality Assurance working on such titles as Wing Commander 3 and Privateer, moving into lead positions for Bioforge, Ultima VIII, and many other titles for Origin. From there, he was promoted to the position of associate producer for Ultima IX: Ascension but quickly convinced management to allow him to pursue online game development with Ultima Online. His input ranges from creative direction to managing large projects, from behind-the-scenes content editing to public presentations.
Starr was praised for excellent performance during his years at Origin, receiving awards like "Most Valuable Player," "Manager of the Year," and "Firefighter of the Year." Starr, now working as a Producer, and Richard Garriott are currently collaborating on the MMORPG Tabula Rasa.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa (2007), NCsoft Europe Ltd.
- City of Heroes (Deluxe Edition) (2005), NCsoft Europe Ltd.
- City of Heroes (2004), NCsoft - North America
- Ultima Online: The Second Age (1998), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Ultima Online (1997), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- BioForge (1995), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Metal Morph (1994), FCI
- Pagan: Ultima VIII (1994), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Wing Commander Armada (1994), Dong Seo Interactive
- Ultima: Runes of Virtue II (1993), Pony Canyon, Inc.
- Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds (1993), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Ultima VII: Part Two - Serpent Isle (1993), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Ultima VII: Part Two - The Silver Seed (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Wing Commander Academy (1993), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Wing Commander: Privateer (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc., ORIGIN Systems, Inc.