Also Known As
David Wheeler has held the following positions:
Here And Now Transmedia - January 2012 - present - Chief Creative Officer
Consulting to the Game and Film communities: Creative Direction/Content Direction with expertise in Concept Development, Interactive Design, Story, Scriptwriting, Animation, Cinematics, Motion Capture, Voice and Performance Direction, Music
2009 - 2011: Creative Director
2008 - 2009: Senior Creative Director
Vivendi Universal Games
- Creative Director of Cinepod for Medal Of Honor at EA’s Los Angeles studio. Responsible for story, script, cinematics and all in-game animations.
2006 - 2008: Content Director
- Oversaw creative development of content on all Vivendi AAA titles.
TITLES: Ghostbusters, The Bourne Conspiracy, World in Conflict, F.E.A.R. 2, TimeShift, 50 Cent 2: Blood On The Sand, Dark Abyss
May 2006 – Dec. 2006: Creative Consultant
- Worked with VU’s Sweden based developer, Massive Entertainment, on story/script and cinematics.
TITLES: World in Conflict
2001 - 2006: Creative Director/Co-Founder
- Wrote and Directed Point of View, an interactive drama on DVD and the Internet.
1996 - 2001: Creative Director/Co-Founder
- Wrote and directed the interactive movie Tender Loving Care starring John Hurt.
- Produced the live symphonic musical score.
1993 - 1996: Director
- Directed teams of producers, writers, and designers on all Trilobyte projects.
TITLES: The 7th Guest II – 11th Hour, Clandestiny.
- Clio winning Director/Cinematographer
- Commercial Director – Trump Films, Los Angeles
- Director and Co-Founder, Terra Nova Productions Inc. – Los Angeles
The London Film School, London, England - Honors Graduate
ADDITIONAL CREDITS (Partial List):
Hollywood Babylon – Syndicated TV series – Head Writer/Supervising Producer 52 shows, Director 26 multi-camera episodes
The Fighter – TV Movie, Magic Hour, CBC – Writer/Director
Love Marriage And Divorce – Documentary Special – ABC Producer/Writer/Director
Skid Row – Documentary – CBS – Producer/Director
Two On The Town – Segment Producer - KCBS Los Angeles
Eye On LA – Segment Producer – KABC Los Angeles
Here And Now – Segment Producer – KNXT, Los Angeles
Guest lecturer at AFI (American Film Institute) and Art Center College Of Design. Guest speaker at E3 and GDC (Game Developers Conference)
ADDITIONAL AWARDS (PARTIAL LIST):
Skid Row (CBS) – 4 EMMY Awards
Love Marriage and Divorce (ABC) – Best Documentary – Houston Film Festival
The Blind Fight Manager (ABC) – EMMY Nomination
Bill Blass Jeans – TV Commercial for Bloomingdale’s NY – CLIO Award
Broadway Fall Fashion – TV Commercial, ANDY Award (Art Directors Of New York)
Country Cream – TV Commercial, TELE Award – Best Cinematography
Last updated: Sep 19, 2012