Formerly the online marketing manager in Asia for Microsoft
, James Gwertzman lived in Tokyo for two years and led Microsoft's relationship marketing efforts throughout Asia. Prior to that he spent three years in Redmond where he played a broad leadership role helping design and build several of Microsoft's Internet server products. He left Microsoft in June of 2000 to co-found the game studio Escape Factory
In 2003, James co-founded Sprout Games
. Sprout was acquired in 2005 by PopCap Games
and he became PopCap's Director of Business Development at that time. In this role he is responsible for managing the company’s relationships with its nearly 100 partners, and for identifying and capturing new business opportunities.
On 24th June 2008 it was announced he had been promoted Vice President of a new PopCap Asia/Pacific office and he relocated to Shanghai.
As an undergraduate at Harvard University, James designed sets and lights for over 20 theatre productions, and served an internship at R/Greenberg Associates as a CGI modeler and animator. He graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Computer Science.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Faerie Solitaire (2009), Subsoap
- PopCap Arcade Vol 1 (2007), PopCap Games, Inc.
- Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown (2006), GameHouse, Inc.
- Jellyboom (2006), Boomzap Pte. Ltd.
- Talismania Deluxe (2006), PopCap Games, Inc.
- Pizza Frenzy (2005), Sprout Games, LLC
- Feeding Frenzy (2004), GameHouse, Inc.
- Iggle Pop! (2004), Sprout Games, LLC
- Word Harmony (2003), Sprout Games, LLC