Developer BIOJason's professional exposure to the industry began when he worked as a tester for Legend Entertainment on Super Hero League of Hoboken and Death Gate. Hard working and highly talented, Jason Bestimt strikes the perfect balance as Senior Programmer for Big Huge Games.
One of those programmers with an actual Computer Engineering degree, Jason began work for Intel Corporation straight out of Virginia Tech. At Intel, he furthered his already impressive 3D programming skills while evangelizing technology to game companies around the country. He helped write the first 3D engine that maximized the new Pentium III instructions; this resulted in a demo called "Bugs" which is currently housed in the Intel Museum. Jason also worked on optimizations for Madden Football, Caligari TrueSpace and others.
Jason is both eager to learn and generous with his knowledge. Always ready to ask the right questions, he co-wrote an article for "Gamasutra" detailing his work in advanced shadow volumes titled, cleverly enough, "Real-Time Shadow Casting Using Shadow Volumes".
Jason came to Big Huge by way of Firaxis Games.
[Source: Big Huge Games web site]
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Gears of War: Judgment (2013), Microsoft Studios
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Gears of War 3 (2011), Microsoft Game Studios
- Infinity Blade II (2011), Epic Games, Inc.
- Infinity Blade (2010), Epic Games, Inc.
- Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Catan (2007), Big Huge Games, Inc.
- Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations: Gold Edition (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations: Thrones & Patriots (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Death Gate (1994), Legend Entertainment Company, Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Superhero League of Hoboken (1994), Legend Entertainment Company