David was born in San Francisco and grew up in San Rafael, California. He received a Computer Science Degree in programming in Washington. His first opportunity to enter the Gaming Industry was for LucasFilm Games
as a Game Tester. Since gaming has always been his passion he found his niche. Three years later, he was given responsibility for half the Missions in LucasArts Games X-Wing
and then TIE Fighter
. Both games awarded were “Game of the Year”.
After taking a time off to be a full time single parent, he went back to school in order to update his software skills. He took digital, animation and authorization courses at the College of Marin, mainly 3DMAX. While attending, he was asked to develop and teach a Game Design class. In 2007, he is now an Instructor in Game Design at College of Marin and has also taught for DMA at Stanford University. David's presently working for Stormfront Studios
as a Designer.
He's also an Ultimate Gamer!!!
Also Known As
- 3D Game Creation by David Maxwell -- David Maxwell's online portfolio, and my Game Course Workshop. Learn to make your own 3D FPS, RPG or Action Game in 30 days using 3D Max and Director.
- Adventures of Marshal Marshmallow (2010), Level 13 Studio
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (2009), LucasArts
- The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (2008), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Collector's CD-ROM) (1995), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (1994), Softgold Computerspiele GmbH
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter - Defender of the Empire (1994), LucasArts
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Demo Version) (1994), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Star Wars: X-Wing (Collector's CD-ROM) (1994), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- National Lampoon's Chess Maniac 5 Billion and 1 (1993), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Star Wars: X-Wing (1993), U.S. Gold Ltd.
- Star Wars: X-Wing - B-Wing (1993), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Star Wars: X-Wing - Imperial Pursuit (1993), LucasArts
- He 162 Volksjäger Tour of Duty (1992), LucasArts
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1992), JVC Musical Industries, Inc.
- Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (1991), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- The Secret of Monkey Island (1990), Softgold Computerspiele GmbH