Joshua M. Kriegshauser
Joshua Kriegshauser has been programming since the 4th grade. Prior to entering the game industry in late 2003, Joshua has held positions in computer sales, database programming and point-of-sale technology integration.
In late 2003, the Ultima Online dev team started looking for a server programmer and Joshua applied. After completing a technical test for the position, Joshua happened to be in Austin and arranged an interview with the UO dev team. Over a 3-hour period, UO programmers asked him various questions to size him up as a potential candidate. UO was having some bandwidth problems at the time and Joshua, having written tools to inspect the UO datastream, understood the nature of the problem. He told the dev team that if hired, within two weeks the bandwidth problems would be greatly improved.
An offer letter and a move to Austin came shortly thereafter, followed by some simple yet effective code changes to fix UO's bandwidth problems (within the promised two week period).
When the Origin studio in Austin was dismantled by Electronic Arts, Joshua became a key member of the UO dev team at EA's Redwood Shores headquarters in California. Joshua was instrumental in releasing two new expansions and fixing several bugs for the live game.
After a little over a year and a half working on UO, Joshua accepted a senior-level position with Sony Online Entertainment to work on EverQuest II. Joshua has been a very effective member of the dev team and has worked on the first six EverQuest II expansions.
In 2008, Joshua was promoted to Technical Director for the EverQuest II engineering team. In addition to lead programmer responsibilities, Joshua was also responsible for maintaining and improving the technology running the EverQuest II systems.
Joshua currently resides in San Diego, CA with his wife and three children.
Also Known As
- Joshua "Speedman" Kriegshauser
- Blog -- The Joshua Tree, Joshua Kriegshauser's blog
- Linked-In -- Joshua Kriegshauser on Linked-In
- EverQuest II: Sentinel's Fate (2010), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (2010), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey (2008), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- EverQuest II: Rise of Kunark (2007), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- EverQuest II: Echoes of Faydwer (2006), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- EverQuest II: Kingdom of Sky (2006), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- EverQuest II: Desert of Flames (2005), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Ultima Online: Samurai Empire (2004), Electronic Arts, Inc.