Jeff's career in game development and interactive audio includes high-profile titles such as Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, Blitz: The League II, SimCity Societies, Caesar IV, and Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War. He is currently Senior Sound Designer at Irrational Games
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, Jeff studied piano performance privately with Gordon Brown and at the Loyola University College of Music under H. Jac McCracken. Following an interest in programmatic music and composition, Jeff moved to Boston, Massachusetts to study film scoring and piano performance at the Berklee College of Music.
With a desire to merge the fields of audio, music, and technology, Jeff enrolled at Boston University and graduated with a degree in computer science. Today he uses his training in music and technology to design and create immersive aural environments for interactive entertainment.
After serving for several years as PR Director of the gaming website GamersHell.com, Jeff continues as a contributing editor for the site, allowing him to keep a finger on the pulse of consumer interests and the gaming industry at large. Outside of the interactive entertainment industry, Jeff lends his talents in sound design, music, and voice acting to a variety of software projects, audiobooks, and commercials.
Also Known As
- BioShock Infinite (2013), 2K Games, Inc.
- Blitz: The League II (2008), Midway Games, Inc.
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (2008), Midway Games, Inc.
- SimCity Societies: Destinations (2008), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- SimCity Societies (2007), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Caesar IV (2006), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War (2006), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (2003), Ubisoft Entertainment SA