A game writer, producer, and consultant, Sande Chen has been working in the game industry for over 10 years. Her past game credits include 1999 Independent Games Festival winner Terminus
and the Top 10 downloadable mobile game, Scrabble
. In 2007, she was nominated for a Writers Guild Award for outstanding achievement in videogame writing for work on the game, The Witcher. She was also profiled in Next Generation's list of the Game Industry's Top 100 Most Influential Women.
She is the co-author of Serious Games: Games That Educate, Train, and Inform
and contributed to the books, Secrets of the Game Business
, Professional Techniques for Video Game Writing
, and Writing for Video Game Genres
She has spoken at the Game Developers Conference, Women's Game Conference, South by Southwest, and the Serious Games Summit D.C.
She holds degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the London School of Economics, and the School of Cinema-Television at the University of Southern California. In 1996, she was nominated for a Grammy in music video direction.
- Primordia (2012), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- Resonance (2012), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- The Blackwell Deception (2011), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- Puzzle Bots (2010), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- The Blackwell Convergence (2009), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- Emerald City Confidential (2009), PlayFirst, Inc.
- Pet Pals: New Leash on Life (2008), Legacy Interactive Inc.
- The Witcher (Enhanced Edition) (2008), Atari, Inc.
- Blackwell Unbound (2007), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- The Witcher (2007), ND GAMES
- The Blackwell Legacy (2006), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- The Shivah (2006), Wadjet Eye Games LLC
- Scooby-Doo (2002), THQ Inc.
- Terminus (2000), Vatical Entertainment LLC