As a survivor of several years in the newspaper industry and all its outdated practices, Colin's background is somewhat of a stray from the norm, but one that's granted him a niche in the gaming world. A career in the gaming industry began shortly after leaving his home town of San Diego for Long Beach in 2003. There he found work with DISCover
as both a QA Test lead and Scripter for several months. Work with one company opened the doors to several others, and he hasn't looked back since.Legacy Games
hired him on shortly after DISCover's assignment ended, where he contributed to the testing of Zoo Vet
, Law and Order 3
, and Law and Order: Criminal Intent
during a three month contract that ended up lasting a year. As the contract came to a close, he picked up work at Crave Entertainment
and worked exclusively on World Championship Poker 2
for the XBox, PS2, and PSP platforms. After leaving Crave, his hopes were to work with developers and projects that held genuine interest for him. A lifelong fan of RPGs, he spent many months pursuing work in the genre and secured a position as a tester at Obsidian Entertainment
. With a contract on Neverwinter Nights 2
that was extended into most of 2006, he gained a great deal of insight into both the RPG genre and testing protocols during their development process.
Colin joined Vivendi Universal
's El Segundo branch as both a functionality tester and one involved in technical requirements guidelines in 2007 and has remained there during the merger with Activision
in the summer of 2008. Initially working in a senior tester's capacity for Geometry Wars: Galaxies
and contributing to end testing on World In Conflict
and its expansion, he has since spent several months helping in digital distribution before heading up the PC team of a project still in development.
- Meet Colin Campbell -- Personal website with a resume, background information and contact information
- The Darkness II (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- Spec Ops: The Line (2012), 2K Games, Inc.
- Duke Nukem Forever (2011), 2K Games, Inc.
- NBA 2K12 (2011), 2K Sports
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (2009), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Gold (2008), Atari, Inc.
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies (2007), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- World in Conflict (2007), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (2006), Akella
- ER (2005), Mindscape Germany GmbH
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2005), Legacy Interactive Inc.
- World Championship Poker 2 featuring Howard Lederer (2005), Crave Entertainment, Inc.
- Law & Order: Justice is Served (2004), Legacy Interactive Inc.
- Zoo Vet (2004), Legacy Interactive Inc.