Developer BIORobert Huebner wears the hats of vice-president, director of technology and lead programmer at Nihilistic Software. Robert Huebner is an industry veteran who began his career with the joint Interplay/Parallax Software hit Descent, where he was responsible for the game's revolutionary Internet and network capabilities. While with Interplay he also contributed to titles such as Descent 2, Shattered Steel, Dragon Dice, and Descent On-Line. His next role was as a senior programmer on LucasArts Entertainment's Jedi Knight:Dark Forces 2 where he provided networking, simulation engine and scripting technology. Jedi's "Sith" simulation engine is a core component of many other current and upcoming Lucas titles including Mysteries of the Sith, DroidWorks (LucasLearning), and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine . After completing Jedi Knight, he worked with Blizzard Entertainment on the widely-acclaimed Starcraft.
Robert has served on the advisory board for the Game Developer's Conference for the past three years and has presented lectures at the annual conference for the past 5 years. He also works as an instructor in game programming for the University of California Berkeley Extension, and has been a featured author in Game Developer magazine.
Robert's current role is lead programmer, overseeing and implementing technology development at Nihilistic.
Also Known As
- Rob Huebner
- Resistance: Burning Skies (2012), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Zombie Apocalypse (2009), Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Conan (2007), THQ Inc.
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption (2000), Activision, Inc.
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (1999), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Grim Fandango (1998), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- StarCraft (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- StarCraft (Demo Version) (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Star Wars: DroidWorks (1998), Lucas Learning Ltd.
- Descent Maximum (1997), Interplay Productions, Inc.
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II (1997), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Descent II (1996), Interplay Productions, Inc.
- Descent II: Destination Quartzon (1996), Interplay Productions, Inc.
- Descent II: The Infinite Abyss (1996), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (1996), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Descent (1994), Interplay Productions, Inc.