Justin Halliday was born in Melbourne, Australia, in 1972, and is a video game producer and designer with almost 20 years industry experience. During this time he has worked as a designer and producer on a number of titles, including Shadowrun, True Lies, KKND, KKND2: Krossfire, Le Mans 24 Hours, Grand Prix Challenge, TransFormers, Heroes of the Pacific, AFL 2006, and Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge. Justin is currently working on Heroes Over Europe, a sequel to Heroes of the Pacific.
Justin currently works as a Senior Producer at IR Gurus in Melbourne, Australia.
Justin's first job in the video games industry was with Beam Software in 1990. At Beam Software he started in QA and then moved to Design and Map Building, working on Blades Of Vengeance, True Lies, and Shadowrun (SNES).
Time Warner Interactive UK
In 1995, Justin left Beam Software to travel. While in England he worked at the publisher Time Warner Interactive (formerly Renegade, the Bitmap Brother's publishing arm), as the Assistant Manager of Quality Assurance, working on a number of titles, including Z, the Bitmap Brother's real-time strategy game.
Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy (KKND) and KKND: Krossfire
In 1996, Justin returned to Beam Software as an Associate Producer. His first project back at Beam Software was Krush Kill 'n' Destroy (KKND), a post-apocalyptic real-time strategy game for the PC that pitted the human 'Survivors' against the irradiated 'Mutes'. KKND ultimately sold over 500,000 copies worldwide. KKND was soon followed by the full sequel, KKND2: Krossfire, on which Justin acted as Producer.
Le Mans 24 Hours
Justin's next project began as a conversion of another Infogrames title, Le Mans 24 Hours (aka 24 Heures Du Mans, aka Test Drive: Le Mans) from the PlayStation to the Dreamcast. The team decided to re-design and re-engineer the entire game, the decision paying off with extremely good reviews and a Racing Game of the Year award on the Dreamcast.
Grand Prix Challenge
After Le Mans, that team was then absorbed into the development team of another racing project: Grand Prix Challenge. On this project Justin handled the difficult licensing approvals process for the cars and tracks with Formula One Management (FOM).
After Grand Prix Challenge, the entire company was put to work on TransFormers: Armada. Having normally worked as the sole producer on his projects, Justin became the Art Producer on TransFormers. In this position, Justin worked closely with the artists and designers on the layout and implementation of the vast levels that appeared in the final game.
Heroes of the Pacific
In September 2003, late in the development of TransFormers, Justin left Atari Melbourne House to work with a small company (called ThatGame) of ex-Atari developers on the arcade flying game Heroes of the Pacific. Over the next 18 months, Justin produced the project, taking it from a demo and concept doc, to a title that was published worldwide by Codemasters in the UK and Ubisoft in the US. To date, Heroes of the Pacific has sold over 700,000 copies worldwide.
Australian Football League 2006 (AFL 2006)
Following the release of Heroes, ThatGame merged with IR Gurus. Justin moved onto the AFL team as Senior Producer to oversee AFL 2007 with a tight seven-month development schedule. Concentrating on the game's basic gameplay mechanics, engine optimisation, and stability, AFL 2006 was released on-time, on-budget, and with across-the-board improvements in resulting reviews.
Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge
While working on AFL 2006, Justin also produced Equestrian Challenge.
AFL 2007, Gaelic Games: Football 2, Gaelic Games: Hurling
Following AFL 2006, the game engine was used to produce three titles simultaneously, AFL 2007 for the Australian market and Gaelic Games: Football 2 and Gaelic Games: Hurling for Ireland.
Heroes Over Europe
Justin is currently working on Heroes Over Europe, a sequel to Heroes of the Pacific.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Damage Inc.: Pacific Squadron WWII (2012), Mad Catz Interactive, Inc.
- JASF: Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters (2011), Evolved Games
- Ashes Cricket 2009 (2009), Codemasters
- Heroes Over Europe (2009), Ubisoft Ltd.
- AFL Premiership 2007 (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Gaelic Games: Football 2 (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Gaelic Games: Hurling (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Heatseeker (2007), Codemasters Software Company Limited, The
- AFL Premiership 2006 (2006), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Lucinda Green's Equestrian Challenge (2006), Red Mile Entertainment, Inc.
- Heroes of the Pacific (2005), Codemasters Software Company Limited, The
- TransFormers (2004), Atari, Inc.
- Grand Prix Challenge (2002), Infogrames Europe SA
- Men in Black II: Alien Escape (2002), Infogrames, Inc.
- Le Mans 24 Hours (2000), Infogrames Europe SA
- KKND2: Krossfire (1998), Melbourne House
- KKND: Krush, Kill 'N' Destroy (1997), Melbourne House
- KKND: Krush Kill 'n Destroy Xtreme (1997), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Z (1996), Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Sensible World of Soccer (1995), Renegade Software
- True Lies (1994), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Blades of Vengeance (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Shadowrun (1993), Data East Corporation
- Nightshade (1992), Ultra Software Corporation
- Bo Jackson Baseball (1991), Data East USA, Inc.
- Smash T.V. (1991), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Star Wars (1991), JVC Musical Industries, Inc.