With a lifelong interest in games and visual storytelling, Stieg Hedlund became a professional designer of pen-and-paper role-playing games in his teens before beginning a career in interactive entertainment in 1987. Since then he has designed games of nearly every genre for a wide variety of computers, consoles, and arcade machines. He has successfully adapted to many diverse game development and production styles in environments ranging from small and entrepreneurial studios to some of the biggest publishers in the business, including working extensively in Japan.
The list of companies he has worked for include such names as Blizzard
, Red Storm Entertainment
and Electronic Arts
In addition to being a designer of Diablo II
, which has sold over fifteen million copies worldwide and, he also worked on Blizzard’s other popular games such as Diablo
, and the Diablo II Expansion Pack
, the acclaimed arcade action game Die Hard Arcade
, a Lord of the Rings-based action game, and a 3D Sonic the Hedgehog
game, among many others. All told, he has shipped more than thirty games.
As the Chief Creative Officer for Turpitude Design - his independent design firm - Stieg oversees the team of game designers and producers working on the company’s projects.
- Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising (2011), Heatwave Interactive, Inc.
- Fat Princess (2009), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Diablo II (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II (Collector's Edition) (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Die Hard Arcade (1997), SEGA Europe Ltd.
- Diablo (1996), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- NFL '97 (1996), SEGA of America, Inc.
- The Ooze (1995), SEGA of America, Inc.