Edward Kuehnel began his career in video games in 2001 at High Voltage Studios
in Chicago, Illinois, one of the largest independent game developers in the United States. There he paid his dues working as an Assistant Producer and as an assistant to the Vice-President of Creative. This led to a Game Design position on a Disney project with a movie tie-in, and afterwards he worked as a Senior Writer/Game Designer on Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
, during which he would grow as a professional by leaps and bounds.
In 2005 he earned a "Best Writing" nomination from the Game Developer's Choice Awards and a "Best Dialog" nomination from the Game Audio Network Guild. He has contributed to a book on writing for games, has taught classes in game design, and is a former co-host of "Write Club", a game writing workshop held at the Game Developers Conference.
In 2006 he left High Voltage to return to his hometown of Portland, Oregon, and began freelancing. Current and past clients listed on his website include: The Onion, 3D Realms, Telltale Games, Paramount Digital, Idol Minds, SCEA (SONY), iWin, GameHouse, Engine Software, Legacy Interactive and more.
He specializes in story-based games, especially those with a light-hearted touch. For more specifics on projects he has worked on, critics reviews, and endorsements please see his resume and bio at www.egkinteractive.com.
Also Known As
- EGK Interactive -- Ed's professional website
- Personal website -- Ed Kuehnel's personal website. Find out more about his work history and view his resume there.
- SOL: Exodus (2012), Seamless Entertainment, Inc.
- Duke Nukem Forever (2011), 2K Games, Inc.
- The Gunstringer (2011), Microsoft Game Studios
- Jurassic Park: The Game (2011), Telltale, Inc.
- Alice in Wonderland: An Adventure Beyond the Mirror (2010), Disney Interactive Studios
- Biggest Little Adventure (2010), GameHouse, Inc.
- Campfire Legends: The Babysitter (2010), GameHouse, Inc.
- Comic Jumper (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Fatal Conspiracy (2010), Ubisoft, Inc.
- The Dream Voyagers (2010), GameHouse, Inc.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Deadly Intent (2009), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Hard Evidence (2007), Ubisoft, Inc.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - 3 Dimensions of Murder (2006), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (2004), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (Uncut and Uncensored!) (2004), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Disney's Stitch: Experiment 626 (2002), Buena Vista Games, Inc.
- Hunter: The Reckoning (2002), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Monster Jam: Maximum Destruction (2002), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software