Despite being under thirty, Mike Diskett can rightfully claim to be an industry veteran as he began writing computer games when he was just 13 with several being published on the VIC 20. Mike's interest in computers continued through his teens and he obtained a Computing Degree from Staffordshire Polytechnic, spending his year out working for the Ministry of Defence on head up displays for fighter aircraft.
However, after leaving College Mike decided that he wanted to use his programming talents in the computer games industry and so spent most of his time writing Amiga Shareware programs. His big break came in a very unconventional way as he won his first proper job in the games industry through a competition in a computer games magazine which was sponsored by Bullfrog Productions
After cutting his teeth by programming a five player Amiga game, IT which was written especially for the computer games TV Show Gamesmaster, Mike worked on various projects at Bullfrog
acting as project leader and lead programmer on the Amiga conversion of Syndicate
and the Amiga and Jaguar conversions of Theme Park
From there Mike was given his first original project at Bullfrog Syndicate Wars
. The game was published in October 1996 and was critically acclaimed receiving 90% plus marks throughout the computer games press and also topping the PC CD chart. During the development of the PC version Mike also worked as the engine programmer on the PlayStation version which is due for imminent release.
After the release of Syndicate Wars
, Mike decided to fulfil a long held dream to form his own development group and so left Bullfrog
in February 1997 in order to form Mucky Foot
along with Guy Simmons
and Fin McGechie
Mike lists his favourite computer games as Oids
on the ST and Street Fighter Alpha
on the PSX. Other hobbies include manufacturing home dairy produce and being tight.
He is also notorious for wearing shorts all year round.
Source: Selected articles from Mucky Foot Productions Official Company Website - Info - Individual People - Mike Disketthttp://www.muckyfoot.com/people/whoareyou/diskettmike.html
Also Known As
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Blade Kitten (2010), Atari Interactive, Inc.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (2009), LucasArts
- Grand Theft Auto IV (2008), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Blade II (2002), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Startopia (2001), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Urban Chaos (1999), Eidos, Inc.
- Genewars (1996), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Syndicate Wars (1996), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Hi-Octane (1995), Bullfrog Productions, Ltd.
- Magic Carpet 2: The Netherworlds (1995), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Magic Carpet Plus (1995), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Magic Carpet: The Hidden Worlds (1995), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Magic Carpet (1994), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Theme Park (1994), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Syndicate (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Syndicate: American Revolt (1993), Electronic Arts, Inc.