Teut was one of the first people in Germany to actually hold a job as a game designer/producer. In 1987, he become development director of Softgold
and Rainbow Arts
, which at that time was the largest developer/publisher in Germany.
During his 3-1/2 years with Softgold and Rainbow Arts, he oversaw more than 32 released titles. Some of them were his designs as well. Most titles ran on the Amiga, and you may remember some of them: Katakis, Denaris, X-Out, R-Type (conversion), Spherical, M.U.D.S.
, and Conqueror. The latter was his first 3d tank game (programmed and designed by Jonathan Griffiths). Nearly 10 years later he returned to the theme and designed Panzer Elite
, published by Psygnosis.
In 1996 he founded his own development studio Wings Simulations and bought back the rights of Panzer Elite from Psygnosis and rereleased the game as Panzer Elite Special Edition.
In 2000 he sold his company to Jowood AG, still staying at his company. He was influential at Jowood on many titles, among them Spellforce 1 and Gothic 2.
In 2004 he released an online shooter called Söldner, in 2005 the add on Söldner Marine Corps.
In 2005 he had to shut down his studio due to financial difficulties of Jowood and started at CTO of CDV AG, the publisher behind Panzers, Blitzkrieg, Cossacks and Sudden Strike.
Since 2008 he is consultant for online games and is busy participating in Ubisoft Blue Bytes online games. He was part of the design of The Settlers Online and is now responsible for monetization & online game mechanics for their other online projects like Anno Online, Silent Hunter Online and Might & Magic Heroes Online.
- Teuts World -- Teut Weidemann's blog and links to his industry talks
- Bang Bang Racing (2012), Kalypso Media Digital Ltd.
- Dead Block (2011), Digital Reality Publishing Kft.
- SkyDrift (2011), Kalypso Media Digital Ltd.
- Panzer Tactics DS (2007), Conspiracy Entertainment Corp.
- War Front: Turning Point (2007), 10tacle studios AG
- Söldner: Marine Corps (2005), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Söldner: Secret Wars (2004), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Söldner: Secret Wars - Reloaded (2004), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- K. Hawk: Survival Instinct (2002), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Michael Schumacher Racing World Kart 2002 (2002), Bild Interactive, JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Gorasul: The Legacy of the Dragon (2001), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Panzer Elite (Special Edition) (2001), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Rally Trophy (2001), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Panzer Elite (1999), Psygnosis Limited
- Game, Net & Match! (1998), Blue Byte Studio GmbH
- Splitterwelten (1997), Magellan Consulting Neue Medien GmbH
- Apprentice (1990), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH
- Conqueror (1990), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH
- M.U.D.S. - Mean Ugly Dirty Sport (1990), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH
- Rock 'n Roll (1990), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH
- X-Out (1990), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH
- Sarcophaser (1988), Rainbow Arts Software GmbH