Doug Whatley worked for Quantum Computer Services
(later called America Online) from 1987 until 1990. He programmed Windows/PC version of America Online
He then worked for Microprose
from 1990 until 1996 where he programmed, designed, and produced games including Darklands
, Coaches Club Football
, Ultimate Football
and Ultimate Football 95
. He was also on the team that created Apache 2000
, Taskforce 1942
and Pacific Air War
Doug was the Director of Product Development for OT Sports
from 1996 until 1998. He produced Monday Night Football
, Monday Night Football 98
, ABC Sports College Football
, ABC Sports Indy Racing League
In 1998, Doug founded BreakAway Games
and has been the company's CEO since that time.
Also Known As
- A Force More Powerful: The Game of Nonviolent Strategy (2006), International Center on Nonviolent Conflict, York Zimmerman Inc.
- Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory (2002), Shrapnel Games, Inc.
- Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom (2002), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Tropico: Mucho Macho Edition (2002), Gathering of Developers, Inc.
- Tropico: Paradise Island (2002), Gathering of Developers, Inc.
- Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle (2001), Strategy First, Inc.
- ABC Sports Indy Racing (1997), ABC Interactive
- NFL Coaches Club Football (1993), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Darklands (1992), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Gunship 2000 (1991), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Civilization (1991), MicroProse Software, Inc.