Joe Waters has been in professional game development since 1996. He currently resides as a senior engineer at 343 Industries, a division of Microsoft Game Studios
, working on projects set in the Halo universe.
For the year before ship, Joe was loaned out from 343 Industries to help Bungie LLC
with graphics and effects technology for Halo: Reach
. Prior to that, he was at Hidden Path Entertainment
as Lead Engineer on an unannounced AAA title. Earlier, he worked at FASA Studio
as Lead Effects Developer on Shadowrun
from 2005 until the studio was shut down in August 2007, and as Lead Engineer on the Xbox 360 launch title Condemned: Criminal Origins
before that. His earlier years in game development include a series of independent studios (Rogue Entertainment
, Nerve Software
, and Ritual Entertainment
) in Dallas, TX.
His interests outside of video games include fire, soccer, explosions, his dog Spike, and bacon.
Also Known As
- Halo 4 (2012), Microsoft Studios
- Halo: Reach (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- ABM Command: DEFense CONdition 1 (2009), Side Project Games LLC
- Fat Princess (2009), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Defense Grid: The Awakening (2008), Hidden Path Entertainment, Inc.
- F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate (2007), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Shadowrun (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point (2006), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Condemned: Criminal Origins (2005), SEGA of America, Inc.
- F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon (2005), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon (Director's Edition) (2005), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (2004), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Half-Life: Counter-Strike (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Star Trek: Elite Force II (2003), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Game of the Year (2002), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- American McGee's Alice (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- BFRIS Zero Gravity Fighter Combat (1999), GT Interactive Software Corp.