Bobby Pavlock's passion for level design dates back to the Doom
days, when he authored several popular Doom 2 wads. He continued his work in level design, releasing award-winning levels for Quake
and Quake II
, before he was finally discovered and snatched up by the industry.
Bobby first entered game development in 1998 as a level designer at Ion Storm
, after which he moved to Rogue Entertainment
to help craft American McGee's Alice
He then moved on to accept a position as game designer at Inevitable Entertainment
in Austin, working on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit
. After completing his work on this project, Bobby moved back to Dallas to be closer to friends and family, where he worked as a level designer at 3D Realms Entertainment
, crafting levels for the Duke Nukem Forever
Bobby was studying computer engineering at Texas A&M University when he received his first job offer from Ion Storm.
- Duke Nukem Forever (2011), 2K Games, Inc.
- Borderlands (2009), 2K Games, Inc.
- Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (2008), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (2007), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Batman Begins (2005), Warner Bros. Online
- The Hobbit (2003), Sierra Entertainment, Inc., Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- American McGee's Alice (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- John Romero's Daikatana (2000), Eidos Interactive Ltd.