Developer BIOMike Reagan has enjoyed a successful career as a composer, songwriter and producer for Film, TV, and Video Games. His award-winning music has been featured in over 70 video games, dozens of TV commercials, and has yielded a Grammy Award for Best Children's Soundtrack. Mike attributes his success to the instruction of his mentors, his love for music, his drive to learn, and his passion for a variety of instruments, textures, and musical genres.
At age 16, Mike was accepted into Hamilton Music Academy where he began to study music theory and jazz guitar. It was there that Mike learned from the best of the best -- his teachers and fellow classmates with whom he spawned lifelong friendships. As part of this musical "Rat Pack," Mike began developing skills and relationships that would later guide him in his career as a sought after songwriter and composer for Film, Games, and Television.
In the spring of 1990, Mike was off to Boston via a scholarship to Berklee College of Music to further his studies of music theory, guitar, and ear training. Two years into the program, Mike changed majors from Performance to Music Synthesis - a pivotal move which would allow him to wrap his head around technology, embracing the new age of digital sampling and recording. While at Berklee, Mike again found himself studying with the next generation of top songwriters, composers, and orchestrators.
Upon his return to Los Angeles in 1994, Mike entered the professional world of Music Composition and Sound Design. Hand selected by one of the top Sound FX Designers in the industry, Mike's talents quickly earned him the position as Sound Designer on blockbuster Feature Films such as Face Off, Flubber, Godzilla, We Were Soldiers, and Black Hawk Down. It was during this next phase of his career that Mike began mastering the art of creating and blending sound textures. After designing sound for several award-winning Interactive Games, as well as Golden Reel and Academy Award nominated Feature Films, the industry turned its attention toward Mike's musical expertise, and he soon became a sought after composer for film, games, and television.
Industry leaders in the Feature Film, Television, and Interactive Gaming Industries have recognized Mike's original style of blending music, sound design, and technology. His professional experience as a composer has led him to create award-winning original music for the likes of John Woo, Oliver Stone, Sony Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Jim Henson Pictures, and Walt Disney Pictures, and has garnered a Grammy Award in the Record Industry.
Mike was recently honored as the recipient of the 2006 Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences award for Outstanding Achievement in Music Composition. He also received the 2006 G.A.N.G. award for Music of the Year, and the 2006 Aurora Award for Individual/Creative Achievement for Original Score/Music.
Currently (March 2007), Mike is writing original music for THQ's Conan, a highly anticipated video game project. Mike recently completed the thematic score for God Of War 2 (recorded at Abbey Road Studios), as well as 26 episodes for Nickelodeon's brand new cartoon series, Wow Wow Wubbzy.
Also Known As
- Mike Reagan
- Pudding Monsters (2012), ZeptoLab UK Ltd.
- Darksiders (2010), THQ Inc.
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta (2010), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- God of War III (2010), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- God of War: Chains of Olympus (2008), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- NBA 2K9 (2008), 2K Sports
- Conan (2007), THQ Inc.
- God of War II (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (2007), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Darkwatch (2005), Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
- God of War (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- NBA 2K6 (2005), 2K Sports
- Rise to Honor (2004), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Spider-Man 2: The Game (2004), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (2004), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (2003), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- ESPN NFL Football (2003), SEGA Corporation
- Dark Cloud 2 (2002), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- World Series Baseball (2002), SEGA of America, Inc.
- NBA 2K2 (2001), SEGA Corporation
- Twisted Metal: Black (2001), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Twisted Metal Small Brawl (2001), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- World Series Baseball 2K2 (2001), SEGA of America, Inc.
- NBA 2K1 (2000), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Battlezone II: Combat Commander (1999), Activision, Inc.
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (1999), Red Storm Entertainment, Inc.
- Xena: Warrior Princess (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Dominant Species (1998), Red Storm Entertainment, Inc.
- Trespasser: Jurassic Park (1998), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Dinotopia (1995), Turner Interactive
- MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat (1995), Activision, Inc.
- Descent (1994), Interplay Productions, Inc.