William D. Volk
CEO/Co-Founder PlayScreen (formerly MyNuMo) (2006-Present)
Designer: Pigs A Pop'n, Bag Bigfoot (in production).
CEO/Co-Founder BonusMobile (2004-2005)
Co-Designer of the mobile game "The Dozens"
CEO/Founder ZipProof, Inc (2000-2003)
C.T.O/Co-Founder Save.com (1995)-2000
Technical design of a secure couponing system.
Recruitment and management of development team.
Co-inventor on patents filed.
Chief Technologist The Lightspan Partnership 1994-1999
Design of production process that lead to a 5 month product cycle.
Implemented strategy of moving from ITV to Playstation.
Architecture of “Learning Search” for web launch.
V.P. Technology Activision 1988-1994
Technical production of first entertainment CD-ROM title.
Successful re-organization of technical division.
U.S. Patent #5,095,509.
V.P. Development Aegis Development 1985-1988
Co-founded company specializing in animation and drawing tools.
Designed CAD software.
R&D in CD-ROM technology.
West Cost Mgr. Rising Star Industries 1983-1985
Created ValDraw CAD system for QX10 computer.
Managed the development of artist tools.
Independent Avalon Hill Game Co. 1979-1982
Created, designed, and programmed three game titles.
Started the QA division.
Title Credits (William Volk is the same person as Bill Volk)
Conflict 2500, Avalon Hill 1980
Voyager 1, Avalon Hill, 1981
Controller, Avalon Hill 1982
The Pyramid of Peril, Aegis Development 1985
Mac Challenger, Aegis Development 1985
The Manhole CD-ROM, Activision 1989
Rodney's Fun Screen, Activision 1992
Also Known As
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Return to Zork (1993), Activision, Inc.
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos! 2: Gas Pump Girls Meet the Pulsating Inconvenience from Planet X (1992), Activision, Inc.
- The Manhole: New and Enhanced (1992), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Rodney's Funscreen (1992), Activision, Inc.
- Ultimate Air Combat (1992), Activision, Inc.
- Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (1990), Activision, Inc.
- The Manhole (1989), Activision, Inc.
- Universe (1983), Omnitrend Software, Inc.
- Controller (1982), The Avalon Hill Game Company
- Space Station Zulu (1982), The Avalon Hill Game Company
- Conflict 2500 (1981), The Avalon Hill Game Company
- Voyager I: Sabotage of the Robot Ship (1981), The Avalon Hill Game Company