Developer BIOWhile most kids at age 13 play video games after school, Dan was busy taking college night courses, arming himself with skills to make video games. From the moment he graduated high school Dan has been passionately involved in the video game industry. He's held various positions with leading edge software publisher/developer companies such as Spectrum HoloByte, Rocket Science Games, SegaSoft, Mattel Interactive, The Learning Company, and UbiSoft Entertainment, and the award-winning Relic Entertainment.
As a highly successful consultant, he has worked with a number of clients in the entertainment software industry, such as Dreamworks Interactive, Evans & Sutherland, and Auran Pty Games Ltd. An accomplished writer, he has authored several game industry books with publishers Sybex, Inc., and Prima Games, a division of Random House.
Under his vision and leadership as Executive Producer of Relic Entertainment, he was responsible for the highly successful Homeworld 2 which was nominated for several industry awards including Best RTS Game at E3 2003. Prior to that, Dan directed the Myst/Riven franchise. This included Myst III: Exile, REAL Myst, and Myst (Masterpiece Edition). Myst III: Exile was nominated for several AIAS (Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences) awards including Best Original Story, Best Original Music Score and Best Adventure Game.
Dan is currently CEO of Threewave Software, Inc. and remains committed to producing excellent and innovative entertainment software, with a long-term aspiration of to keeping Threewave as an industry leader.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Dan Irish
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Army of Two: The 40th Day (2010), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009), Atari, Inc.
- Sword of the Stars: Argos Naval Yard (2009), Paradox Interactive AB
- Army of Two (2008), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows (2008), Lighthouse Interactive Game Publishing BV
- Fury (2007), Codemasters Online Gaming
- Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood (2007), Lighthouse Interactive Game Publishing BV
- The Outfit (2006), THQ Inc.
- Sword of the Stars (2006), Destineer
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (Game of the Year) (2005), THQ Inc.
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault (2005), THQ Inc.
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (2004), THQ Inc.
- Homeworld 2 (2003), Sierra Entertainment, Inc., Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Myst III: Exile (2001), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software
- Real MYST (2000), Mattel Interactive
- Attack of the Saucerman! (1999), Psygnosis Limited
- Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen (1998), Cryo Interactive Entertainment
- Obsidian (1997), Bomico Entertainment Software GmbH
- ClockWerx (1995), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity (1995), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- BreakThru! (1994), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - Echoes from the Past (1994), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.