Jason S. Coleman
Developer BIOJason Coleman is the coding wizard behind all of Brian Reynolds' smash titles, and is now VP of Software for Big Huge Games. Jason also built the code framework for Civilization II and Alpha Centauri.
Having just completed his Masters in Physics at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Jason's extraordinary career began around 1994 when he took a summer leave from his PhD and worked in the Microprose Quality Assurance department. The first game he was involved with was Sid Meier's Colonization. While tracking down bugs during the day and honing his programming skills at night, he was "discovered" within a few months and began a new career building multimedia and system code support for games like Civilization II.
After moving on to Firaxis, he co-founded Big Huge Games with Tim Train, David Inscore and Brian Reynolds in February 2000.
As Vice President of Software, Jason spearheads the programming efforts of Big Huge Games and masterminds the creation and evolution of the code library.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Jason Coleman
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria (2008), Codemasters Online Gaming
- Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Catan (2007), Big Huge Games, Inc.
- Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations: Gold Edition (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations: Thrones & Patriots (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Civilization II (Multiplayer Gold Edition) (1999), MacSoft
- Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Gettysburg! (1997), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Civilization II (1996), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Pizza Tycoon (1994), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Colonization (1994), MicroProse Software, Inc.