Developer BIOJohn Tobias (b. 24th August 1969 in Chicago, Illinois) is considered one of the masterminds behind the Mortal Kombat franchise at Midway Games, Inc., together with Ed Boon.
Prior to joining Midway, he was an artist for the comic book series The Real Ghostbusters. For Mortal Kombat he was responsible for many of the characters' storylines and their design. The series lost much of his charm near 2000 and he left the company during the production of Mortal Kombat: Special Forces with some other developers. He then went on to co-found Studio Gigante in 2000. Although Studio Gigante was never officially closed, it is no longer active and John Tobias currently does freelance work.
One of the famous secret characters in Mortal Kombat is named after him. The red ninja Noob Saibot is a combination of the reversed names Ed Boon and John Tobias.
- Smash T.V. (2005), Midway Games, Inc.
- Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Mortal Kombat 4 (1998), Midway Games, Inc.
- Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero (1997), Midway
- Mortal Kombat Trilogy (1996), Midway
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (1996), Williams Entertainment Inc.
- Mortal Kombat 3 (1995), Atari, Inc.
- Mortal Kombat II (1994), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Mortal Kombat (1993), Arena Entertainment