Paul van Eekelen
Paul van Eekelen started modding games at the age of fifteen with the release of Age of Empires II
. Using the in-game editor he created a variety of poorly received single player scenarios.
Some months later Paul started using JED, a community created editor for the game Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II
and its expansion pack Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith
. Much of his spare time during his high school years went into creating a 6 level single player campaign (A Pirate’s Tale
) that was well received by the (by then still thriving) Jedi Knight editing community. After its completion Paul worked on another single-player level (The Darkest Thing
) together with community member Petri Sepanmaki. The last thing Paul contributed to the Jedi Knight community was a multiplayer level inspired by the board game Master Labyrinth
During this time Paul enrolled in the Utrecht School of Arts. Here he studied Game Design and Development. For four years Paul worked on various school projects, producing small games. Paul often took the role of designer or programmer.
During his internship he was part of the design team at Larian Studios
working on the next-gen RPG game Divinity II: Ego Draconis
. Paul graduated as a European Media Master of Arts in Game Design in September 2009.
- Gatling Gears (2011), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Chime (2010), OneBigGame
- Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance (2010), dtp entertainment AG
- Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga (2010), Focus Home Interactive SAS
- Divinity II: Ego Draconis (2009), dtp entertainment AG
- Omelette Quest (2009),
- Assault on Planet Equidon (2008), Ha Ha Wat Vet Productions
- Audio Joust (2007), AudioGames.net
- Freerunning Extreme (2007),
- Reqjec (2006),