Darren Melbourne started in the games industry in 1984, working on a contract basis with companies such as Firebird and Anco. In 1987 in conjunction with Mark Greenshields and Ned Langman he set up a small development company called Paranoid Software that created games such as Hades Nebula and Blazer for the C64, Spectrum, Amstrad and Atari ST. All Paranoid games were published by Nexus.
During 1988 he became the first employee of the newly formed SCi and was it's acting head of development. During his time there he worked on titles such as Shinobi, Ninja Warriors and Gemini Wing. Towards the end of that year he produced Speedball on the C64 with a small development company called Pantheon Software.
Darren Melbourne has been in the games industry continuously since 1984 and has worked on literally dozens of titles in the role of Producer or Game Designer. A cross section of these titles follows: Populous: Gameboy & NES, Porky Pigs Haunted Holiday SNES, Super Kick Off: Gameboy, NES, SNES, Sensible Soccer: Gameboy, The Lion King: Gameboy & NES, Kick Off 3: Game Gear, Megadrive, PC, Player Manager: SNES, PC, Splitz: Gameboy, Casper the Friendly Ghost: Gameboy Colour, Addams Family: Gameboy & NES, ToCA & Colin McRae: Gameboy colour, Mia Hamm & Michael Owens Soccer: N64, Micro Machines 1 & 2 Twin Turbo: Gameboy Colour, Micro Machines V3, Gameboy colour
In 1998 Darren Melbourne assumed the role of European Development Director for THQ overseeing all of their development in Europe. He left THQ with it's UK Managing Director to assume a similar role at Ubisoft. Darren is still in the industry today - 05-09-02
Darren Melbourne also designed and produced Tiny Troops a resource and management game on the Amiga that was years ahead of it's time. Published by Vulcan Software in 1997 and written by Al Dukes, with Graphics by Paul McKee and Chris Edwards. Music and Sound effects by Jez Taylor.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Top Trumps: Doctor Who (2008), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Cultures: Die Saga (2003), Funatics Software GmbH
- Scrabble 2003 Edition (2003), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software
- Yager (2003), THQ Inc.
- Barbie Explorer (2002), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Monopoly Party (2002), Infogrames, Inc.
- Salt Lake 2002 (2002), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software
- Super Bubble Pop (2002), Jaleco Entertainment, Inc.
- Worms Blast (2002), Akella
- Rayman 2 (2001), Ubi Soft Entertainment, Inc.
- Cultures (2000), THQ Inc.
- Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing (2000), THQ Inc.
- Micro Machines 1 and 2: Twin Turbo (2000), THQ Inc.
- X-Tension (2000), THQ Inc.
- X: Beyond the Frontier (1999), THQ Inc.
- Tiny Troops (1997), Vulcan Software Limited
- Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday (1995), SunSoft
- Alien Olympics (1994), Mindscape, Inc.
- The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt (1992), Ocean Software Ltd.