Nicolai K. Porsche
Nick Porsche started his career early in 2000 with Infogrames
and as a native English speaker quickly proved his ability in the localization of games. At the beginning of 2002 he became localization manager at Effective Media
and worked on adapting titles such as Battlefield 1942
and Medieval: Total War
for the German market.
The following year saw him in charge of JoWood's
quality assurance department in Offenbach, responsible for products such as The Guild
and many others. For he also produced Chaser. After founding Localab in 2004 he closely collaborated with 10tacle studios, localizing GTR: FIA GT Racing Game into more than 10 languages.
In September 2005, Nick joined 10tacle Studios, where he was in charge of localization, quality assurance and finalization. He also continued producing games, such as Codename Panzers: Cold War, and directed voice recordings for several other games, like Jack Keane EN.
2008 he moved to Berlin, joining TGC – The Games Company as Executive Producer and Game Content Director. Here he successfully steered Dark Sector PC through the shallow waters of the German age rating system, produced several smaller Nintendo DS and PC titles and worked in business development, licensing in new projects.
Since 2009 Nick has been working for Bigpoint International on Malta as Producer and Creative Game Director. He led the distributed development of Battlestar Galactica Online, worked closely with the creative team from IP licensor Universal in LA and turned the launch into the most successful MMO go-live for Bigpoint in the company’s history.
Also Known As
- Nicolaï Porsche
- Nicolai Porsche
- Nick Porsche
- Codename: Panzers - Cold War (2009), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- Dark Sector (2009), ND GAMES
- DWK 5: Hinter dem Horizont (2008), TGC - The Games Company GmbH
- Fenimore Fillmore's Revenge (2008), Nobilis Group
- Goin' Downtown (2008), TGC - The Games Company GmbH
- Happy Hippos: Auf Weltreise (2007), 10tacle studios AG
- Jack Keane (2007), 10tacle studios AG
- Panzer Tactics DS (2007), Conspiracy Entertainment Corp.
- War Front: Turning Point (2007), 10tacle studios AG
- GTR 2: FIA GT Racing Game (2006), 10tacle studios AG, Viva Media, LLC
- Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer (2006), Valcon Games LLC
- GT Legends (2005), 10tacle studios AG
- Alexander: The Heroes Hour (2004), Fantastic.TV
- GTR: FIA GT Racing Game (2004), 10tacle studios AG
- Chaser (2003), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- S2: Silent Storm (2003), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Arx Fatalis (2002), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Far West (2002), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- K. Hawk: Survival Instinct (2002), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Men in Black: The Series - Crashdown (2001), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- TinTin: Destination Adventure (2001), Infogrames Europe SA