Developer BIOShinji Hosoe
(細江慎治), alias MEGATEN and SamplingMasters MEGA, is a well-known Japanese game composer and musician. He started part-time at Namco
in 1987, working on games such as Dragon Spirit
, Cyber Sled
, and Ridge Racer
. In 1992, he established the independent record label Troubadour Records with fellow Namco composer Takayuki Aihara
. In 1996, Hosoe left Namco with Aihara and Ayako Saso
to join Street Fighter II co-creator Akira Nishitani
's new company Arika
as their sound team, and he provided music for such titles as Bushido Blade
and Street Fighter EX
while working there. The three of them left Arika in 2000 to establish SuperSweep
, a successor to the now-defunct Troubadour Records. Today, Hosoe still provides music for a wide variety of games, and also serves as director of SuperSweep.
Also Known As
- Megaten Hosoe
- Sampling Masters MEGA
- Sinji Hosoe
- Ridge Racer Unbounded (2012), Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Endless Ocean: Blue World (2010), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Prismatic Solid (2010), Yo1 Komori Games
- 3D Dot Game Heroes (2009), FromSoftware, Inc.
- Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (2009), Spike Co., Ltd.
- Endless Ocean (2007), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Folklore (2007), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Ibara (2006), Taito Corporation
- Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner (2006), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Ridge Racer 7 (2006), Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- WarTech: Senko no Ronde (2006), G.rev Ltd.
- beatmania IIDX 10th style (2005), Konami Corporation
- beatmania IIDX 9th style (2005), Konami Corporation
- Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome (2005), Nippon Ichi Software Inc.
- Spikeout: Battle Street (2005), SEGA Corporation
- The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigino dungeon (2004), Namco Limited
- Xenosaga: Episode II - Jenseits von Gut und Böse (2004), Namco Limited
- Border Down (2003), G.rev Ltd.
- Mega Man Network Transmission (2003), Capcom Co., Ltd.
- beatmania IIDX 6th style: new songs collection (2002), Konami Corporation
- Gungrave (2002), SEGA Corporation
- Technic Beat (2002), Arika Co., Ltd.
- beatmania IIDX 5th style: new songs collection (2001), Konami Corporation
- Driving Emotion Type-S (2000), Square Co., Ltd.
- Street Fighter EX 2 Plus (2000), Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
- Street Fighter EX3 (2000), Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Deep Freeze (1999), Sammy Corporation
- Bushido Blade (1997), Square Co., Ltd.
- Puzzle Star Sweep (1997), Axela
- Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (1997), Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Tekken 2 (1996), Namco Limited
- Ridge Racer Revolution (1995), Namco Limited
- Starblade (1995), Namco Limited
- Tekken (1995), Namco Limited
- Ridge Racer (1994), Namco Limited
- Dragon Spirit (1988), Micomsoft