Alex Mclean is a graduate of Edinburgh University where he studied Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science. A self-taught 8-bit assembly programmer, he started out commercially as a Software Engineer at MicroProse
and later went on to be Head of Software Engineering at Eidos
' Pumpkin Studios
, where he lead the PC version of Warzone 2100
He then co-founded development studio Pivotal Games
in April 2000, known for the Conflict series
and became the studio's CTO. It ran for eight years until it was shut down by Eidos. After a stint at Engine Room Games
he became a director at Codemasters
in 2009. In October 2009 he became the studio head of Codemasters Birmingham
, replacing Trevor Williams
- LinkedIn -- Alex McLean's public profile at LinkedIn.
- F1 2011 (2011), Codemasters Software Company Limited, The
- F1 2010 (2010), Codemasters Software Company Limited, The
- Overlord II (2009), Codemasters Software Company Limited, The
- Conflict: Denied Ops (2008), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Conflict: Global Terror (2005), SCi Games Ltd.
- Conflict: Vietnam (2004), SCi Games Ltd.
- Conflict: Desert Storm II: Back to Baghdad (2003), SCi Games Ltd.
- The Great Escape (2003), SCi Games Ltd.
- Conflict: Desert Storm (2002), SCi Games Ltd.
- Warzone 2100 (1999), Eidos Interactive, Inc.
- Humbug (1990),
- Jacaranda Jim (1987),