Developer BIOReid Kimball otherwise known as “BrushBaron” hates typing in third person, he says it makes him feel like he has a big ego and that he’s supposed to all mighty and important. Screw that, I just want to be a respected game developer by making awesome games. My love for games started in my early teen years playing classic Sierra adventure games (Kings Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory and Police Quest). I became immersed in the games through the excellent writing and unique characters. The gameplay really fit with who I am as a person, one who is willing to lend a helping hand when possible. My willingness to help others and create gaming experiences of my own drew me to the mod communities for DOOM, Quake, and Half-Life games. Some of the more successful mods I have worked on are:
QuakeWorld32 map pack Your Path of Destruction DOOM TC for Quake 1 Gunman Chronicles (Half-Life)
It was through hard work and personal contacts that I landed an internship at Ritual in 2000. I went back to school to finish my degree and came right back to where it all started professionally. Currently I work on Ritual’s games and help our fan communities learn our tech. Ritual has been awesome to me and it’s incredibly rewarding to work with the crazy dudes at Ritual Entertainment. Since we are one of the few remaining independent developers I am excited by the future possibilities Ritual has planned. Viva la revolution!
Selected articles from Ritual Entertainment Official Company Website
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Ultimate Sith Edition) (2009), LucasArts
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008), LucasArts
- 25 to Life (2006), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (2004), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - Team Sabre (2004), NovaLogic, Inc.
- Painkiller (2004), Akella
- Half-Life: Counter-Strike (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Blair Witch, Volume III: The Elly Kedward Tale (2000), Gathering
- Gunman Chronicles (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K. 2 (2000), Gathering of Developers, Inc.