Lloyd Melnick, co-founder of Octagon Entertainment
, has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Political Economics from John Hopkins University and a Masters in Business Administration from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. Lloyd also earned a Master of Arts in European Integration from the University of Limerick in Ireland. Lloyd worked in Denmark, Lithuania, and The Netherlands, as well as an economic analyst for the US government.
Lloyd has been an agent of computer and video game projects for over nine years. He has extensive access to the industry's most important publishing organizations, having signed Sid Meier's Firaxis Games, Electronic Arts, Simon & Schuster Interactive, AT&T and many others. Spearheading Octagon's reselling efforts, he helps cutting edge technology companies penetrate the game industry.
Lloyd has helped Softwrap, Numerical Design, Trident Microsystems and other technology companies increase their market share in the computer and video game industry.
In 1989, Lloyd's analysis and prognosis for the European online sector was published in the Journal of European Business. This article was one of the first pedagogical works to bring attention to the huge potential of this market.
While working in Lithuania, Lloyd helped set-up several joint ventures. These included two with M&M Mars and one that helped alleviate a shortage of a food staple brought about by Lithuania's independence.
Lloyd is a board member of SR-71 Game Scouting, an interactive consultancy that finds interactive entertainment titles for game publishers throughout the world. Lloyd previously served as the Executive Director at the Trade Support Institute, a non-profit organization focused on improving trade links between North Carolina and Eastern Europe.
In 2007, Lloyd was Chief Customer Officer with Merscom LLC
, a company he co-founded in 1999 and was acquired by Playdom Inc.
in April 2010.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Shutter Island (2010), Paramount Digital Entertainment
- Coyote's Tale: Fire and Water (2009), Merscom LLC
- Empire Builder: Ancient Egypt (2009), Merscom LLC
- Find Your Own Way Home (2009), Curious Sense
- Hostile Makeover (2009), Lifetime Games, Merscom LLC
- Hysteria Hospital: Emergency Ward (2009), Oxygen Interactive Software Ltd.
- The Mystery of the Mary Celeste (2009), Merscom LLC
- Nat Geo Adventure: Lost City of Z (2009), Merscom LLC, National Geographic Games
- Plan It Green (2009), National Geographic Games
- Righteous Kill 2: Revenge of the Poet Killer (2009), Merscom LLC
- The Tudors (2009), Merscom LLC, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Wisegal (2009), Merscom LLC
- Blood Ties (2008), Big Fish Games, Inc
- The Colour of Murder: A Carol Reed Mystery (2008), Merscom LLC
- Herod's Lost Tomb (2008), Merscom LLC, National Geographic Games
- Hospital Hustle (2008), GameInvest, S.A.
- Righteous Kill (2008), Merscom LLC
- Biker Mice from Mars (2007), The Game Factory ApS
- Buku Sudoku (2006), Merscom LLC
- Cartoon Network Racing (2006), The Game Factory ApS
- D.N.A. (2006), Merscom LLC
- Fastlane Pinball (2006), Merscom LLC
- Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006), The Game Factory ApS
- The Ship (2006), Valve Corporation
- WWII Tank Commander (2005), Merscom LLC
- Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition (2004), Project Three Interactive BV
- Laser Squad: Nemesis (2002), Codo Technologies Ltd.
- Starship Titanic (1998), Simon & Schuster Interactive
- The Pink Panther: Passport to Peril (1996), Anglia Multimedia Ltd.