Developer BIOKirk Owen
was the President of Octagon Entertainment
and responsible for signing many of Octagon's key clients, including industry legend Peter Molyneux
. Kirk has negotiated hundreds of game publishing deals in markets spanning the globe, including Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Korea, Japan, North America, and Singapore. Kirk has also signed over 50 interactive entertainment clients from Canada, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Germany and the United States.
Owen has extensive background in the convergence of the interactive entertainment business with other entertainment industries. Kirk's work has included licensing game properties into toys and books, bringing book properties to games, and using film financing models to fund game development. Mr. Owen has appeared at a number of interactive entertainment conferences where he has spoken about topics ranging from online gaming to structuring international publishing agreements.
Prior to founding Octagon, Kirk was a manager in the management consultant practice of Ernst & Young. Kirk served as an infantry officer in the US Army in Germany and completed the Army's Airborne and Ranger schools at Ft. Benning, Georgia. Kirk has a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Political Science from Claremont McKenna College and a Masters in Business Administration from Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.
In 2007, Kirk Owen was the Chief Executive Officer for Merscom LLC
, which was acquired by Playdom Inc.
in April 2010.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Blood Oath (2010), Merscom LLC
- Shutter Island (2010), Paramount Digital Entertainment
- Coyote's Tale: Fire and Water (2009), Merscom LLC
- Empire Builder: Ancient Egypt (2009), Merscom LLC
- Hostile Makeover (2009), Lifetime Games, Merscom LLC
- Mystery of Cleopatra (2009), Merscom LLC, National Geographic Games
- The Mystery of the Mary Celeste (2009), Merscom LLC
- Nat Geo Adventure: Lost City of Z (2009), Merscom LLC, National Geographic Games
- Plan It Green (2009), National Geographic Games
- Righteous Kill 2: Revenge of the Poet Killer (2009), Merscom LLC
- The Tudors (2009), Merscom LLC, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Wisegal (2009), Merscom LLC
- Blood Ties (2008), Big Fish Games, Inc
- Buku Sudoku (2008), Microsoft Game Studios
- Herod's Lost Tomb (2008), Merscom LLC, National Geographic Games
- Hospital Hustle (2008), GameInvest, S.A.
- Righteous Kill (2008), Merscom LLC
- Toki Tori (2008), Two Tribes Publishing B.V.
- Biker Mice from Mars (2007), The Game Factory ApS
- Nitro Stunt Racing: Stage 1 (2007), Game Factory Interactive Ltd., Russobit-M
- Cartoon Network Racing (2006), The Game Factory ApS
- D.N.A. (2006), Merscom LLC
- Fastlane Pinball (2006), Merscom LLC
- Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006), The Game Factory ApS
- WWII Tank Commander (2005), Merscom LLC
- Rally Trophy (2001), JoWooD Productions Software AG
- Traitors Gate (2000), DreamCatcher Interactive Inc.
- Starship Titanic (1998), Simon & Schuster Interactive
- The Pink Panther: Passport to Peril (1996), Anglia Multimedia Ltd.