Having established himself over the past few years as one of the prime movers of the videogame music industry, Jack Wall
has built a track record and an international reputation as an A-List composer and music producer in the interactive entertainment sector. He also brings an unmatched depth of experience, credibility and knowledge in the production of records, working with mainstream artists and major label artists. His work spans full-length albums, live concert recordings, videogame soundtracks, film soundtracks and other projects that demand an exacting ear and vast library of musical and technical knowledge and know-how.
Jack Wall has built a prestigious career upon strong production values. He cut his teeth working at Synchro Sound Studios in Boston, then owned by The Cars, and Skyline Studios NYC, the home of renowned producer Nile Rodgers, where he engineered and produced records for John Cale, David Byrne, Dr. John and Patti Smith. Jack served as engineer, producer and arranger with John Cale, founding member of the seminal and highly influential band, The Velvet Underground
. Together they produced film soundtracks for Basquiat featuring David Bowie
and Dennis Hopper
, Somewhere In the City
with Sandra Bernhardt, Rhinoceros Hunting
in Budapest, and House Of America
. They co-produced albums and singles for cutting-edge artists such as The Jesus Lizard and The Maids of Gravity. Jack also engineered and mixed John Cale's critically acclaimed album "Walking on Locusts", and produced a live recording of John Cale performing with the Hudson Valley Philharmonic Orchestra in NYC.
He has continued to exercise his ability to bring exactly the right combination of tempo and energy, as well as his unique producing, arranging and engineering skill-set, to film and videogame soundtracks, most notably for the attention-grabbing independent film War Zone and the award-winning Myst III: Exile
which has become one of the most successful and talked about soundtracks in the videogames industry. Composing for and conducting a full symphony orchestra and master chorale, Jack produced music for the game that Newsweek called a "pulse-quickening orchestral score", while USA Today said, "The moody, new-age soundtrack [is] impressive". The soundtrack was nominated by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences in 2002 for "Outstanding Achievement in Musical Composition" and received "2002 Game of the Year Soundtrack Award" from the readers of Game Industry News. Most recently the Myst III: Exile main theme was featured in the trailer for the Universal Studios motion picture Peter Pan.
Jack Wall's latest projects include the next installment in the Myst series of games entitled Myst IV: Revelation
, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
(cinematic music), Dungeon Siege II
promotional trailers, Wrath Unleashed
's Mass Effect
RPG blockbuster, among others.
Jack Wall is Senior Director and Co-founder of The Game Audio Network Guild (G.A.N.G.), a non-profit organization established to promote excellence in interactive audio by providing information, instruction, resources, guidance and enlightenment not only to its members, but to publishers, developers and listeners throughout the world.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Mass Effect (2012), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Mass Effect 2 (2011), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Mass Effect 2 (2010), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Mass Effect 2 (Collector's Edition) (2010), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Jade Empire (Special Edition) (2007), 2K Games, Inc.
- Mass Effect (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Dungeon Siege II (2005), Microsoft Game Studios
- Jade Empire (2005), Microsoft Game Studios
- Jade Empire (Limited Edition) (2005), Microsoft Game Studios
- Myst V: End of Ages (2005), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Myst V: End of Ages (Limited Edition) (2005), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Neopets: The Darkest Faerie (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Rise of the Kasai (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Myst IV: Revelation (2004), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (2004), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Wrath Unleashed (2004), LucasArts
- Unreal II: The Awakening (2003), Infogrames, Inc.
- The Mark of Kri (2002), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Disney's Extremely Goofy Skateboarding (2001), Disney Interactive, Inc.
- Myst III: Exile (2001), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software
- Secret Agent Barbie (2001), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Ultimate Ride (2001), Disney Imagineering
- Animorphs: Know the Secret (2000), Infogrames, Inc.
- Evil Dead: Hail to the King (2000), THQ Inc.
- Flying Saucer (1998), JoWooD Productions Software AG, Software 2000
- Vigilance (1997), SegaSoft, Inc.