Developer BIOMy start in the gaming industry began in 1991 with a phone call from Legend Entertainment designer Glen Dahlgren. Legend was only a couple of years old at that point, and Glen was working his way through the Virginia Yellow Pages looking for free-lance artists. I was reluctant at first since my specialty was airbrush illustration for corporate/commercial print materials (and I wasn’t a gamer), but I was intrigued by the technology so jumped in hoping my first spec piece would lead to bigger things. For the next twelve years, I worked on most of Legend’s titles – first as an illustrator, and later as a video/audio producer and casting director.
I moved from Washington, D.C. to Tucson, Arizona at the end of 1998, continuing to work as an independent producer on a variety of interactive projects. Some notable roles/projects have been: producer/project manager for Hasbro’s Trivial Pursuit® DVD Saturday Night Live Edition; sound manager on Atari’s Unreal® II: The Awakening, producer for Health Media Lab’s award-winning children’s strategy game Hungry Red Planet, producer/project manager of 23 interactive exhibits for the Indiana State Museum, and producer of a series of collectible CD-ROM baseball cards for Donruss Trading Card Company. More information about my company, Agora Multimedia, is available at www.agoramultimedia.com.
- Unreal II: The Awakening (2003), Infogrames, Inc.
- Hungry Red Planet (2002), Health Media Lab, Inc.
- The Wheel of Time (1999), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles: An Adventure in Terror (1998), Red Orb Entertainment
- Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1997), Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Star Control 3 (1996), Accolade, Inc.
- Mission Critical (1995), Legend Entertainment Company
- Death Gate (1994), Legend Entertainment Company, Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Superhero League of Hoboken (1994), Legend Entertainment Company
- Companions of Xanth (1993), Legend Entertainment Company
- Eric the Unready (1993), Legend Entertainment Company
- Frederik Pohl's Gateway (1992), Legend Entertainment Company
- Spellcasting 301: Spring Break (1992), Legend Entertainment Company