Born in Lima, Peru, Boris attended the National School of Fine Arts in his native country before immigrating to the United States in 1964.
He has since done a great volume of work for the Fantasy field, having worked for virtually every major publishing house with a science fiction/fantasy line. Boris has also illustrated for album covers, video box art and motion picture advertising.
His mastery of oil painting is immediately and abundantly clear to anyone who looks at his work, and his classic sense is as much an homage to the old masters as it is to anyone contemporaneously working in the Fantasy genre.
For sheer dauntless bravura, few have ever pushed the limits as does Boris with his beautiful maidens and fearsome monsters.
- Boris Vallejo Gallery -- This site contains a collection of Boris Vallejo's paintings, organized by year, including older work that is not found on Vallejo's official site.
- Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell -- This is Boris Vallejo's and Julie Bell's official site. Julie was a model featured in many of Vallejo's paintings, and they have worked together as painters too. The site contains a searchable database of their work, as well as bios.
- Demise: Rise of the Ku'tan (2000), Artifact Entertainment
- Shannara (1995), Legend Entertainment Company
- Ecco: The Tides of Time (1994), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.
- Eric the Unready (1993), Legend Entertainment Company
- Phantasy Star IV (1993), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.
- Conan: The Cimmerian (1991), Virgin Games, Ltd.
- Golden Axe II (1991), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Les Manley in: Lost in L.A. (1991), Accolade, Inc.
- Mike Ditka Ultimate Football (1991), Accolade, Inc.
- Turrican (1991), Accolade, Inc., Ballistic
- Star Control (1990), Accolade, Inc.
- Swords and Serpents (1990), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Dragon Wars (1989), Interplay Entertainment Corp.