As President and COO, Tim Train heads up the internal development of Big Huge Games
. With fifteen years of leadership and team experience on numerous landmark PC titles, Tim brings a broad range of administrative skills and product knowledge to the company. He has worked in every genre of computer games, and has the proven ability to organize and motivate a team, while keeping within project budgets and scheduling commitments.
Tim's career in computer games began at Microprose
in 1991, as a team member on the original Sid Meier's Civilization
. During his time at Microprose he worked in virtually every genre of computer games in various capacities. In 1994, Tim started the Multimedia Group at Microprose, and designed or implemented a wide variety of multimedia content for several games.
In 1996, Tim joined Brian Reynolds
and Sid Meier
at Firaxis Games
, where he authored the multimedia content for Sid Meier's Gettysburg
. Next, he was Producer and Co-designer for 1999's critical and commercial hit, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
. In his final project for Firaxis, Tim designed and produced the Alien Crossfire
expansion pack for Alpha Centauri.
In 2000, Tim joined Brian Reynolds, David Inscore
, and Jason Coleman
as founding partners in Big Huge Games. Tim served as Executive Producer on BHG's first hit, 2003's Rise of Nations
, and also designed the "Conquer the World" single-player campaign game. He was also Executive Producer for 2006's Rise of Legends
Tim holds a bachelor's in International Studies with a minor in Psychology from Johns Hopkins University.
Also Known As
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Catan (2007), Big Huge Games, Inc.
- Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations: Gold Edition (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations: Thrones & Patriots (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Rise of Nations (2003), Microsoft Game Studios
- Civilization II (Multiplayer Gold Edition) (1999), MacSoft
- Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Magic: The Gathering (1997), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Gettysburg! (1997), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Civilization II (1996), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Dragonsphere (1994), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- BloodNet (1993), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Darklands (1992), MicroProse Ltd.
- F-15 Strike Eagle III (1992), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Sea Rogue (1992), Microplay Software
- Gunship 2000 (1991), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Gunship 2000: Philippine Islands & Antarctica Scenario Disk With Mission Builder (1991), MicroProse Software, Inc.
- Sid Meier's Civilization (1991), MicroProse Software, Inc.