Brett Laming has been a programmer for the UK games industry since 1996. Having previously worked for Particle Systems
, Argonaut Sheffield
and Criterion Games
he now resides back in Sheffield, working as a programmer for
A Bachelor Degree in Cognitive Science and PhD in Computational Neuroscience naturally (lol) progressed to specialization in A.I. with exclusive work on Independence War 2
and next generation Powerdrome
. His AI and gameplay career continued as Lead Gameplay programmer on Burnout: Revenge
before returning to full time programming on GTA: Vice City Stories
Key programming and technical direction, on the bespoke technology of Chinatown Wars
, led to co-lead status and an emergence on the global A.I/gameplay stage. He now manages the Leeds technical team, who recently helped deliver LA Noire
to console and PC.
Working in both large and small teams, alongside some of the UK's best talent, he is extremely fortunate to have experienced most areas of game development first hand. A full member of the IGDA, regular speaker at GDC and published author in A.I. Game Programming Wisdom 2 + 4, he continues to support the game community whenever possible.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- L.A. Noire (2011), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition (2011), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (2009), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (2006), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Burnout Revenge (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Power Drome (2004), Xicat Interactive
- Independence War 2: Edge Of Chaos (2001), Infogrames Europe SA