Developer BIOMarc LeBlanc is a long-time veteran of the game industry, most notably for his work on the Ultima Underworld games, but also for his involvement with the acclaimed Looking Glass series Thief and System Shock.
Later he joined Visual Concepts where he contributed technology to their line of SEGA sports titles and also helped develop original game concepts. In collaboration with Andrew Leker, he developed Oasis, the 2004 Independent Games Festival Game of the Year in the web/downloadable category at Mind Control Software, LLC. With the company he worked on commercial titles such as Field Commander, but also more casual games such as Arrrrrr!
Marc attended MIT, where he was awarded a Master's in Computer Science, and the rank of Master Assassin. He has lectured on game design at conferences and universities, and ran a two-day workshop at the Game Developers Conference on game tuning.
Also Known As
- Marc "Mahk" LeBlanc
- Marc LeBlanc's Homepage) -- personal website
- Interview with Marc Leblanc) -- an extensive interview conducted by
Warren Spectorfor the University of Texas Master Class in Video Games and Digital Media
- Arrrrrr! (2007), Mind Control Software, LLC
- Dimension M: Evolver (2007), Tabula Digita, Inc.
- Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (2006), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Field Commander (2006), Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
- Oasis (2005), PlayFirst, Inc.
- Spellagories (2005), Reflexive Entertainment Inc.
- NBA 2K2 (2002), SEGA of America, Inc.
- NCAA College Football 2K3 (2002), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Deus Ex (Game of the Year Edition) (2001), Eidos Interactive, Inc.
- NFL 2K2 (2001), SEGA Corporation
- Ooga Booga (2001), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Deus Ex (2000), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Thief II: The Metal Age (2000), Eidos, Inc.
- System Shock 2 (1999), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Thief: The Dark Project (1998), Eidos Interactive, Inc.
- Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri (1996), Looking Glass Technologies, Inc.
- Flight Unlimited (1995), Looking Glass Technologies, Inc.
- System Shock (1994), Dro Soft, ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds (1993), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss (1992), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.