Jeff Pobst is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Hidden Path Entertainment
in Bellevue, Washington.
Jeff has held roles as a game programmer, producer, chief operating officer of a game development company, and most recently a group leader at Microsoft
for the Xbox and Xbox 360 platforms. Jeff has shipped over 20 game titles and has worked on four different platforms bringing games in the Half-Life, Homeworld, and Lord of the Rings franchises to market in addition to many others.
By being Sierra Studios
' first external producer in 1998, Jeff had atypical involvement in all elements of the publishing business including developer acquisition, contract negotiation, profit and loss planning, forecasting, production oversight, manufacturing, documentation, interaction with quality assurance, marketing, public relations, and many others. When moving to WXP, an independent game development house, Jeff worked on the other side of the negotiation table, dealing with several publishers on actual and potential contracts, as well as overseeing budgets and executing business strategy.
Jeff joined Microsoft in 2002 to head up a group of developer liaisons working closely with game developers on the Xbox and Xbox 360 platforms to help improve the potential of their titles. Jeff was the main spokesperson for Microsoft when talking with game developers about Xbox 360 plans and represented the Advanced Technology Group on the third-party portfolio management team for the platform. Jeff has a doctorate in Aerospace Engineering and was a film student, a researcher, systems engineer, and project manager before entering game development.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012), Valve Corporation
- SOL: Exodus (2012), Seamless Entertainment, Inc.
- Defense Grid: The Awakening (2008), Hidden Path Entertainment, Inc.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2002), Black Label Games
- Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura (2001), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Half-Life (2001), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Half-Life: Blue Shift (2001), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Throne of Darkness (2001), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Ground Control (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Ground Control: Dark Conspiracy (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Gunman Chronicles (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Half-Life: Counter-Strike (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Homeworld: Cataclysm (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Edgar Torronteras' eXtreme Biker (1999), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned (1999), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Half-Life: Opposing Force (1999), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- King's Quest: Mask of Eternity (1998), Sierra On-Line, Inc.