Developer BIOChris is an engineering lead at Bungie where he is responsible for technical vision and game engine research. This involves equal parts of architecture design, hardware wrangling, and wild-eyed ranting about the future convergence of CPUs, GPUs, 4G, HMDs, and the cloud. Currently he is working on Step 7 of Bungie's Master Plan.
In his nine years at Bungie Chris has witnessed its evolution from independent developer to a first-party studio within Microsoft Game Studios and now back to an independent developer. During this time he has helped lead Bungie's engineering team by developing artificial intelligence, graphics and networking technologies for the Oni and Halo series.
He holds a Master of Science in computer graphics from the University of Otago in New Zealand.
- Chris Butcher) -- Bungie.net "Meet The Team" employee page
- Finality.net) -- Personal website
- Chris Butcher) -- Interview at IGDA
- Alan Wake (2012), Remedy Entertainment Ltd.
- Alan Wake (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo: Reach (2010), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3: ODST (2009), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 3 (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Marathon 2: Durandal (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo 2: Multiplayer Map Pack (2005), Microsoft Game Studios
- Serious Sam II (2005), 2K Games, Inc.
- Halo 2 (2004), Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo: Combat Evolved (2001), Microsoft Corporation
- Oni (2001), Rockstar Games, Inc.