Developer BIOAs a school kid Michael Bhatty (* 1967, Germany) started making science fiction and adventure movies. During his studies of art, literature and media he continued to create fantasy short movies, combining them with his love for Martial Arts and fencing. In addition to that he got his first prices with his documentaries.
After getting his M.A. he developed several projects in the fields of radio, film & video, photography and multimedia as project leader and director. In 1997 Michael Bhatty started game development with the independent title PAX Westphalica (published in 1998 by Fokus e.V.).
He got a Dr.phil. (equals Ph.D.) for his media science dissertation 'Interactive Story Telling' (Shaker, 1999), which let him break into the gaming industry in 2000. As Lead Game Designer for Ascaron Software GmbH (later Ascaron Entertainment GmbH) he created action, fantasy and science fiction titles, getting a box office hit in 2004 with the action RPG Sacred. In 2005 he left Ascaron and became Chief Executive Producer for Phenomedia Publishing GmbH, managing development issues of casual games.
He has also been teaching at several private universities as lecturer for Game Development, Game Design and Games Economics as well as movie making.
In 2007 he founded "Michael Bhatty Entertainment: Media Design, Training & Consulting" and offers his expertise for developers in the fields of games, movie/ television, audio and print. He also produces his own projects again.
Latest projects are the casual MMOG Beryltales and the two FarCry-novels "Götterdämmerung" and "Blutige Diamanten" (in German only).
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Dr. Michael Bhatty
- michael-bhatty.de) -- Website of Game Designer and Producer Michael Bhatty, offering topics to game design, directing, story telling and media development.
- Crazy Chicken: Heart of Tibet (2007), phenomedia publishing gmbh
- Tortuga: Two Treasures (2007), ASCARON Entertainment UK Ltd.
- Sacred Gold (2005), ASCARON Entertainment GmbH
- Sacred (2004), Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Sacred Plus (2004), ASCARON Entertainment UK Ltd.
- Patrician III (2003), FX Interactive
- Port Royale: Gold, Macht und Kanonen - Gold Edition (2003), ASCARON Entertainment GmbH
- Patrizier II (Gold Edition) (2002), ASCARON Entertainment GmbH
- Port Royale: Gold, Power and Pirates (2002), ASCARON Entertainment GmbH
- Ballerburg: Castle Siege (2001), Bigben Interactive GmbH
- Patrizier II: Aufschwung der Hanse (2001), ASCARON Entertainment GmbH
- Patrician II: Quest for Power (2000), Infogrames Europe SA