Graduate of Pomona College (Claremont, CA). Worked on first video game after high school doing illustration for game with programmer Allen Adham, later the founder of Blizzard Software. Worked at Domark Software, Tekmagic, and Crystal Dynamics (now Eidos). Contract work on games with Bandai America. Andrew Mitchell's game work consisted of digital, concept and storyboard artwork for games on the PC, Amiga, Sega, Sony, 3DO, cell phone and other platforms.
Outside of the game industry Mitchell is known for being the first cartoonist in the Western Hemisphere to be published on the PalmPilot and Treo phone PDA format. He is also a magazine illustrator and the writer / artist of the graphic novel, "Hector Impala, P.V.", a comics noir comedy / adventure story.
- A J Mitchell -- Andrew Mitchell's website of illustration and cartoon art
- financialcartoons.com -- Business and financial cartoons, and illustrations by Andrew Mitchell
- Kids Lit Art -- Children's book illustrations by Andrew Mitchell
- Batman Begins (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc., Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- Predator: Concrete Jungle (2005), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Robots (2005), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Athens 2004 (2004), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- The Saga of Ryzom (2004), Jolt Online Gaming
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail (2004), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (2003), Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (2003), THQ Inc.
- 007: Nightfire (2002), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- NBA Hoopz (2001), Midway
- 007: The World is Not Enough (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Crash Bash (2000), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Disney's Tarzan (2000), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- 40 Winks (1999), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- Duke Nukem: Zer:0 H:0ur (1999), GT Interactive Software Corp.
- NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC (1999), Midway
- Quake II (1999), Activision, Inc.
- Mortal Kombat 4 (1998), Midway Games, Inc.
- Cruis'n World (1997), Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- Disney's Hercules (1997), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Machine Hunter (1997), Eidos, Inc.
- Pandemonium! (1996), BMG Interactive Entertainment
- Solar Eclipse (1995), Crystal Dynamics, Inc.
- The Horde (1994), Crystal Dynamics, Inc.
- Off-World Interceptor (1994), Crystal Dynamics, Inc.