Keri always loved art as a kid and knew she wanted to do something artistic when she grew up, she just didn’t know what! She studied art at GCSE level then went on to A Level. Half way through the course, Brendan
(senior programmer at Rare and also Keri's big brother) said that they were looking for artists there. She didn’t have a CLUE what she’d be doing and had no idea about computer games at the time but she thought she’d give it a go anyway. That was way back in 1989 when Keri was just 17.
So she joined Rare
working as a graphics assistant, which basically meant doing a bit of everything, from title screens, 2d backgrounds, animation, 2d sprites, decoding graphics, making cups of tea for everyone (thankfully they only employed about 20 people in those days) and even fetching chips from the chippy on Fridays. Soon the company started to grow and they had a full time decoder so she was able to work solely on graphics.
Over the years she has worked on over 40 titles on many different platforms (NES, SEGA, SNES, Gameboy, N64, Gameboy Color, GBA, DS, and XBOX 360). Keri's biggest claim to fame would have to be her work on the famous DK titles. Two years ago she was thrown into the world of full time animating by joining AGG (Art Asset Group)
. Since then she has animated characters for Pinata 2 and Banjo 2 (look out for Jolly’s running man dance when you play this).
Also Known As
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (2008), Microsoft Game Studios
- Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise (2008), THQ Inc.
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (2008), Microsoft Game Studios
- Diddy Kong Racing DS (2007), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Banjo Pilot (2005), THQ Inc.
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (2005), Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (2004), Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- Sabre Wulf (2004), THQ Inc.
- Mickey's Speedway USA (2001), Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- Donkey Kong Country (2000), Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- Perfect Dark (2000), Rareware
- Conker's Pocket Tales (1999), Rareware
- Mickey's Racing Adventure (1999), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Donkey Kong Land III (1997), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Killer Instinct Gold (1996), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Donkey Kong Land (1995), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Killer Instinct (1995), Nintendo of America Inc.