Julien started developing on the Atari Jaguar in 1993 at Shen Technologies SARL
working on the 2D shoot-em-up Nexus
that was eventually cancelled when the Saturn and the PlayStation were introduced. He joined Ubisoft Entertainment
in 1994 and worked on programming for Rayman 1
(Jaguar and PlayStation), for POD (PC and M2), and became lead programmer on Tonic Trouble
for the Nintendo 64. After having focused on Rayman 2
(Nintendo 64 & Dreamcast) and on the R&D for the PlayStation 2, Julien became the worldwide technical director of Ubisoft Entertainment
in 1999. In this role, he played a major role in studios creation and organization, technology and production pipeline design, multi-platform strategy, as well as AAA features integration. He also took responsibility for middleware and development strategy, communication and cooperation strategy, and hardware manufacturers and middleware relations.
At the end of 2005, after having worked extensively on Next Generation strategy, Julien saw the opportunity to pursue his career at Eidos
. He will be serving there as worldwide CTO. Julien is fond of hardware architectures, gaming technologies and algorithms; he loves designing engine features and production pipelines.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011), Square Enix, Inc.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition) (2011), Square Enix, Inc.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link (2011), Square Enix, Inc.
- The Tomb Raider Trilogy (2011), Eidos, Inc., Square Enix, Inc.
- Just Cause 2 (2010), Square Enix, Inc.
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (2010), Eidos, Inc., Square Enix, Inc.
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (2010), Eidos, Inc., Square Enix, Inc.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Battlestations: Pacific (2009), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Shellshock 2: Blood Trails (2009), ND GAMES
- Tomb Raider: Underworld (2008), Eidos, Inc.
- Battlestations: Midway (2007), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Championship Manager 2007 (2006), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Hitman: Blood Money (2006), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend (2006), Eidos, Inc.
- Rogue Trooper (2006), Eidos GmbH
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown (2006), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown (2005), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Far Cry (2004), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Myst IV: Revelation (2004), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Rayman Arena (2001), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software
- F1 Racing Championship (2000), Video System Co., Ltd.
- Rayman 2: The Great Escape (2000), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software