Chris Iden graduated with a B.S. with Honors in Computer Science from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. Originally a game designer, he made it to Chief Technologist and then Company Founder. Chris Iden's pioneering work in computer gaming has made him godfather - and creator - of more than two dozen of the industry's best known games over the past 20 years.
After working at Sierra Telephone from August 1976 to August 1981, Chris's became a major force in the commercial success of Sierra On-Line
, co-authoring some of the industry's first graphic adventure games with Ken
and Roberta Williams
. As Chief Technologist, he co-authored Sierra's 3D adventure game development system (e.g. the parserless interface design for King's Quest V
) and received two technology patents before leaving in July 1991.
At Tsunami Media
he set up the engineering department and supervised the creation of their adventure game development system before leaving in April 1992 to start Tachyon Studios
, a predecessor to Pulsar Interactive
, which was born in June 1997. At Pulsar Interactive, he was responsible for evaluation, scheduling, budgets and programming.
He left the company in March 2003 to work at Star Bridge Studio
with his Marie Iden
. He is currently Vice-President, Technology of the company. The company specializes in game software design, development, programming and conversion for Windows, Macintosh, Playstation, Nintendo, Gameboy and Palm Pilot.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Fuck Quest (2004),
- Hoyle Casino (2000), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Arcade Party Pak (1999), Midway Games, Inc.
- Blood & Magic (1996), Interplay Productions, Inc.
- Roberta Williams' Mixed-Up Mother Goose (1991), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder! (1990), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- The Colonel's Bequest (1989), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Manhunter 2: San Francisco (1989), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Gold Rush! (1988), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella (1988), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Manhunter: New York (1988), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (1987), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel (1987), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Space Quest II: Chapter II - Vohaul's Revenge (1987), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- The Black Cauldron (1986), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Donald Duck's Playground (1986), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- King's Quest III: To Heir is Human (1986), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Space Quest: Chapter I - The Sarien Encounter (1986), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne (1985), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- King's Quest (1984), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Hi-Res Adventure #4: Ulysses and the Golden Fleece (1982), On-Line Systems
- Softporn Adventure (1981), On-Line Systems
- Hi-Res Adventure #0: Mission Asteroid (1980), On-Line Systems
- Hi-Res Adventure #2: The Wizard and the Princess (1980), On-Line Systems