Yasumi Matsuno (松野 泰己), born 24th October 1965, is a Japanese game designer. He initially worked for Quest
, where he designed Ogre Battle
games. In 1995 he joined Square
and was the director of Final Fantasy Tactics
(1997). In 2000 he directed and produced Vagrant Story
, and in 2006 co-directed Final Fantasy XII
with Hiroyuki Itou
(he created the concept and the story of the game, while Itou worked on the gameplay system). He left Square the same year, and joined Level-5
in June 2011 after a freelance period.
- MadWorld (2009), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Final Fantasy XII (2006), Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (2003), Square Co., Ltd.
- Vagrant Story (2000), Square Europe, Ltd.
- Final Fantasy Tactics (1997), Square Co., Ltd.
- Tactics Ogre (1995), Quest
- Ogre Battle (1993), Quest
- Conquest of the Crystal Palace (1990), Asmik Corp. of America