Brian Gomez has been in game development for 16 years, starting with the unreleased but widely-pirated PlayStation fighter Thrill Kill
. Since then, he has worked on a number of original and licensed game properties, including Full Spectrum Warrior
, State of Emergency
, and Brave: The Search for Spirit Dancer
After nearly five years in Scotland (as a designer, then Creative Director for VIS Entertainment plc) he returned to his native Los Angeles to work with Pandemic Studios
on the urban combat sim, Full Spectrum Warrior. Afterwards, he formed an IP creation, management and production company, Alchemic Productions
with two colleagues from Pandemic and Neversoft. Alchemic's first major project, Clive Barker's Jericho
, was released in October 2007 by Codemasters
. Gomez and Alchemic went on to develop other original game concepts with authors Larry Niven, Grant Morrison, and Jhonen Vasquez, but none of these projects found publishing partners.
In 2009 Gomez signed on as Design Director with Vatra Games
in the Czech Republic, directing and co-writing Silent Hill
. In 2011, he returned to the U.S. to consult for Disney Interactive Media Group, serving as Creative Director on a number of free-to-play browser and tablet titles currently in production.
- Alchemic Productions -- This is the website of Brian Gomez's production company, Alchemic Productions.
- Silent Hill: Downpour (2012), Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Rush'N Attack: Ex-Patriot (2011), Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Jurassic: The Hunted (2009), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Clive Barker's Jericho (2007), Codemasters Software Company Limited, The
- State of Emergency 2 (2006), SouthPeak Interactive, LLC
- Brave: The Search for Spirit Dancer (2005), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
- Full Spectrum Warrior (2004), THQ Inc.
- Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick (2003), THQ Inc.
- The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring (2003), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- The Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage (2002), BAM! Entertainment, Inc.
- State of Emergency (2002), Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers (2002), NewKidCo, Inc.
- Earthworm Jim 3D (2000), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry (2000), Ubi Soft Entertainment Software